RALEIGH AVANTI MTB - FRAME & FORKS (CIRC 1987)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubmasteruk

Dirt Disciple
FOR SALE

A frame and forks from a 1987 Raleigh Avanti MTB. One of the early mountain bikes from Raleigh and their top of the range model from that year. Full Reynold 531 All Terrain Tubing,in good overall condition, Shimano dropouts.

Avanti decals have perished over the years but others have survived and are in reasonable condition.

The frame is a typically large size from that period (56cm seat tube),has U Brake bosses.

Open to Offers?

SHREWSBURY (UK)

Have one or two original parts from it too, including Handle Bars as in the Photos.

IMG_1326.jpg

DEORE XT HEADSET CUPS NOW REMOVED AND NOT INCLUDED

IMG_1325.jpg

FRAME LUG PAINTWORK DISCOLOURED, NO RUST AT ALL

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

Probably not at this stage but... don't still have those pedals do you? I just bought an Avanti cheap, mostly original. If it turns out to be as good as it appears once I've had a month or two riding it I might want to 'originalise' it fully. Also appears to be a problem with the crankset due to a crossthread on one of the chainring holes. Hoping to be able to fix it somehow but if you had the cranks (you don't mention them in the Raleigh forum where I saw the longer version of this post) I might be interested in them too.

PM...

... not there yet, maybe it takes a while (I'm pretty new to this), I'll check back in bit. Cheers for quick response though! :D

Hey chris, that pm never turned up. Now I've finished my exams I've turned to my bikes and remembered about it. The avanti's great, I've sorted those minor problems and it all seems solid. Did you ever sell the frame? Someone on here's specifically looking for one, if you do a search you'll find the post, might have been a while ago though.

Hmmm, now i'm confused, I assumed whoever replied to my question was the seller, why would anyone else go into a 2 year old thread half an hour after me? Just noticed it wasn't. What's all that about? :?

I don`t know what it`s about either; I didn`t realise this was a very old thread. bummer, that was a nice frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back