Raleigh Avanti 87, complete bike, full 531 f&f

jaypee

Senior Retro Guru
Size 22" c to c. Top tube 22.5" c to c

Complete bike, working when I swapped the frame with Coleman. Sadly never got round to putting it back together.

It was running on wheels from an 87/8 Raleigh Ozark though I also have the original wheels. Would prefer to keep the Ozark wheels and let the originals stay with the bikebut could be persuaded otherwise. The uniglide freehub broke on the original rear wheel. I have a spare one but haven't yet fitted it so the wheel needs fixing.

Note slightly mismatched nds crank arm. Seems to be a decent one from similar era.

Comes with two headsets and two bottom brackets as this is actually a third frame - not Coleman's. One bottom bracket (off the frame) and one headset (on the frame) in fair condition, not so sure about the others.

Very slight dent to frame - general opinion was it was nothing to worry about at all (see this link):
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=249011

£95 plus post and paypal gift or pay the fees (bank transfer acceptable).

Pics to follow shortly.

Re: Raleigh avanti 87, 531

Hope Coleman won't mind me borrowing his photos. It's not this bike but it's the same size and this will give you and idea of the general appearance.

This is the real thing, hoped to find time to clean it up but figured I'd just get it posted and worry about that later

Re: Raleigh avanti 87 lugged 531

Bump.

Flexible on price. I'm torn between thinking, on the one hand, I'd rather hang on to it as a future project if I can't get a decent price, and on the other, that it's a shame for it to be languishing in the loft waiting for that day.

I don't want to let it go as a bargain backburner project for someone else as it can be that for me, but if you're really keen to get it built with a build thread etc then make me an offer!

Interested in this - been looking for something like this since I foolishly got rid of my 89 Appalachian. I might not need all the bits, will PM you.

Latest posts

Back