Raleigh 853 55cm SOLD

reynoldsfan

Onnnne Huuuunnnndrreeed and Eigggghhhhty
Raleigh: Reynolds 853.

http://s715.photobucket.com/user/millem ... 0853%20105

Professionally re-sprayed – painted to a very high standard indeed – and then professionally re-built using all new parts by LBS – seen very little use since then and always stored indoors.

55cm/21.5” seat tube c-t-c
55cm/21.5” top tube c-t-c
79.5cm/31.25” standover height
Frame No: WF98A0559, 853 stamped under b/b

Seat post and stem move freely and have been re-greased.

Braze-ons for 2 x bottle cages, 130mm rear spacing, vertical rear drop outs. Rear brake cable runs through top tube. Shimano STX Headset, Shimano sealed bearing b/b, Kalloy micro-adjust seat pin

Shimano 105 8-speed STI groupset: 52/42 chainset, 170mm cranks, 105 dual pivot brakes, 105 front & rear gear mechs

Wheels: hand built with Shimano 105 36-hole hubs, Ambrosio gold anodised rims, stainless spokes, Vittoria Open Corsa CXTT Kevlar clincher tyres (as new). 8-speed Shimano hyperglide cassette. Hubs spin beautifully, rim braking surfaces practically unworn, both wheels run perfectly true.

Cinelli bars, stem & Cinelli cork handlebar tape
Selle Italia non-slip Tri-Matic Gel leather saddle, no scuffs or wear marks

Paintwork has barely a mark anywhere - absolutely no dings or dents; all equipment virtually unmarked.

Raleigh built a number of 853 frames and sold them via their dealerships as frame only (and as special orders). The first two frame numbers indicate that this frame was built in 1998

I need to thin down my bike collection prior to house move and this one has to go as it’s just a tad too big for me. I’m in north Lancashire. Collection preferred, but will pack very carefully and ship in a bike box at cost. Please don’t hesitate to contact me via PM for any further information.

Reluctant sale and an absolute bargain Price reduced from £450 to £375 - so an even better bargain for someone.

Re:

Yes, 853 stamped under the bottom bracket shell. Doesn't show up too well in the photo, but it's clearly there.

Re: Raleigh 853 55cm

Thanks for the interest, but I'd prefer to keep it intact, as everything on the bike is right for the period and works so well. I forgot to say how beautiful and solid this bike feels on the road. I have 531 and 753 framed bikes, but 853 is really special.

No worries, I just don't have any 8 speed stuff any more and don't have the time to split and sell myself! Shame really as it's lovely and a bargain to boot!

If anyone is concerned about packing and shipping, I sold another of my Raleigh bike collection to a delightful gentleman in N. Ireland earlier in the year. This was the e-mail he sent after he received the bike.

"I received the bicycle this morning. I have unpacked and thanks to your careful packing it has arrived in perfect condition. I am delighted and amazed at the showroom condition. Many many thanks. I shall try to continue the treasuring you have given
Regards
Brian"

Re:

Still for sale and it's a shame to see it being unused.

Happy to deliver within a 50 mile radius of Lancaster at no cost.

Latest posts

Back