R.I.P. Pace Rc200 f8 - Replacement Wanted!

wm4wm4

Retro Guru
Hi there, after 7 years of hard use my beloved red RC200 f8 has gone at the bottom of the seatube. The Beast at Coed y Brenin was just a trail too far! I really can't blame it, but I'm sad all the same.

Looking for an 18inch rc200 f8, ideally gun metal grey (can't go red again, seems wrong!) to replace it!

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone out there has one, you can be guaranteed it will go to a good home!

Cheers

Wilf

Gutted!

It was ME that the Beast killed. Did the Dragons back on my old Kona hardtail and suffered immensely, so hired a full suss the next day and STILL got annihilated

Good luck finding a replacement

G

Cheers G,

My friend did his shoulder in just after I did my bike in!

Worked in my favour though as got to ride the beast on his featherweight rigid klein! Painful but fun!

If I was German I'd definitely invest in a Klein

I don't feel it is very likely..

The crack starts under the weld and then pops up through the tube, about 300 degrees around the tube.

I can post some pics of the crack up tonight and if you have any ideas I'd love to give it a go!

Cheers

image of crack as promised...

any ideas anyone?

Attachments

• DSC_8046small.jpg
    DSC_8046small.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 755
  • DSC_8046small.jpg
    DSC_8046small.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 754
  • DSC_8046.JPG
    DSC_8046.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 753
For those asking, I'm afraid I won't consider selling the frame as this bike has too much history. Pride of place on my wall instead.

Cheers

Nasty. Give this chap a call. He is called Mark, I reckon he could prob sort it for you. He has done a few repairs on mine and he has told me that the normal bike repairs he does are where yours has cracked. It's worth a shot. The finish may look a little unsightly, but would you care?

http://www.aluminium-welding.co.uk/

All four of my RC200's (2 x F5's, F6 & F:cool: cracked there, not quite as bad as that though, & usually with at least one cracked chain stay as well. All frames were replaced under warrenty untill the F8 cracked by which time it was out of warrenty. Pace rewelded the seat tube & both chainstays, removed the brake bosses & reannodised it for me very shotly before they packed up making 'proper' bikes. The repair has held up well although I must admit I don't use the bike very much any more.
So your frame may still be repairable, it'd be as shame to just hang it on a wall. I don't think the 7005 pace frames need heat treating so that makes things a little easier. I've seen some pretty nice frame repairs on this forum, may even be worth contacting 'justbackdated' on here incase he has any contacts.
Iain

Back