Quite an interesting test..........

:cool: Perfect color vision. And 8 years after my Lasik surgery, my eyes are still doing great without any corrective lenses.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-01-29 at 10.15.20 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-01-29 at 10.15.20 AM.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 718
When taking this test, you should adjust your display's "color profile" (that's what it's called on a Mac, not sure about Windows). You want to select a color profile like Adobe RGB or ColormatchRGB so that the monitor isn't trying to do any color correction which could distort the test and make you think your perception abilities are worse than they are.

That's very kind of you sf klein but I think it's just that my eyes are worn out from seeing all the naked ladies :LOL:

hamster":1nd48skr said:
JeRkY":1nd48skr said:
Easy_Rider":1nd48skr said:
hamster":1nd48skr said:
16!

For those with high socres it may just tell you that you have a cruddy monitor with a cheap LCD panel. Those using CRT monitors should get better scores, as the colour rendition is usually better.

Thanks, that made me feel loads better, i have a high quality (although old) Belinea CRT :cry:

Sadly I dont think it will make a difference any way. The number of colours able to be displayed on TFT screens made in the last 15-20 years has been equal to the number of colours that graphics cards are capable of outputting. So wheter it is TFT or CRT it makes no odds.

No, I'm sorry, that's not the point. The colour points of the primaries on a lot of cheap LCDs is very far away from where they should be - pure red looks orange for example. This is a cost saving in the colour filters on the LCD.

You can send lots of gradations from your graphics card, but if the red ain't red then you just get very fine steps between the wrong colours. Photo editing on LCDs is notoriously unreliable.

The eye is not very sensitive to colour shifts around red, so that's the whole point of the test. Colour is a vector quantity between Red, Green and Blue Primaries. If you have the wrong colour primaries then you cannot resolve the colours.

I realise there are differences between screens, my work machine runs 2 identical model, purchased at the same time Dell screens. One of which displays a blue tinge.
Doesn't the test is depend on ordering tonal shades, whether red is displayed as red or orange shouldn't matter, it is the shade from one to another that is checked.

However I am happy to concede the point, we perfect people are happy to let others blame technology in order to live in hope ;) :LOL:

Lots of the results will be skewed because half of you are doing it on Wang Tang Phooey generic Chinese LCD screens that have never been calibrated.

Something isn't right. The eye test website says 1 out of 12 guys has some sort of color deficiency. Based on the numbers being posted here it seems like 11 out of 12 guys. I'm guessing it's a monitor issue or folks are trying to squeeze the test in while they're at work and are doing it in a bit of a hurry. Otherwise, if that's not the case, then there MUST be a link between riding old mountain bikes and poor color perception. :p

Back