Question about when some Race face & Azonic parts came o

DutchmanPhotos

Devout Dirtbag
Hey all,

A while ago I decided to rebuild my '95 Zaskar... Unfortunately my '91 cracked and GT gave me a replacement in 1995.
The plan is to build up the bike with '94/'95 parts to keep it more or less period correct... I have quite some stuff laying around, but was curious about a few things...

I have an old Azonic Shorty stem and a set of Race Face LP cranks.... When looking through my old MBA magazines I don't see this stuff in the '95 mags...

Did the Race Face and Azonic stuff come out in '96 or '97, or was it already around in '95...? I can't remember..

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks!

i might be wrong but did'nt azonic take over from world force ?

just checking back through my dirt mags and i can see the shorty in the 1997 mags :cool: i'll have another look and see if i can find a 96 magazine :D

just checking back through my dirt mags and i can see the shorty in the 1997 mags Cool i'll have another look and see if i can find a 96 magazine

that just sounds plain wrong :LOL:

my mum threw all mine away when i was 14

still cant get the hang of this quoting thing :? :?

Azonic and world force are the same company, both owned by oneal, Azonic was the original and expensive kit, world force was the cheaper sub brand same designs far east construction.

The Azonic stem was 94 to 95 as JMC ran one of the early ones.....

Race Face

I have a clip from a online retailer from the June 1995 Mountain Bike Action that shows Race Face cranks being sold at that time.

Attachments

• bikepro1cc.jpg
    bikepro1cc.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 599
Re: Race Face

David Gibson":d42520hl said:
I have a clip from a online retailer from the June 1995 Mountain Bike Action that shows Race Face cranks being sold at that time.

Both styles, as I recall. I had red Turbines on my white EWR in 1994-95.

Back