Question about mounting disc calipers on forks and caliper mount plates/adapters

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I have a question about forks
I have struck a deal for some FRM Airway 85 forks
But they lack the Disc caliper mount plate as shown in this diagram (number 20)

My question is - is there a generic replacement for this thing I can get ? As an FRM one would be impossible.
IMG_3695.png
And how does one mount the calipers I have - which have bolt holes 90’ to the fork rather than the position on the diagram (my current fork and calipers shown below)
IMG_3516.jpeg

You will need an IS to Post mount adaptor.

edit: assuming the FRM are IS size that is.

not a standard part for the FRM mount, but you could have one made.

if you find the one you show it's an ISO standard mount where as the caliper is a post mount, you'll need an adapter for that which is a off the shelf part available from any good bike retailer, in fact they often come with the caliper.

You will need an IS to Post mount adaptor.

edit: assuming the FRM are IS size that is.
Now that’s what I’ll need to know
I’ve emailed FRM
If it’s a no from them then I guess I’ll need to pull out of the sale

not a standard part for the FRM mount, but you could have one made.

if you find the one you show it's an ISO standard mount where as the caliper is a post mount, you'll need an adapter for that which is a off the shelf part available from any good bike retailer, in fact they often come with the caliper.
Ah so it’s a proprietary part on which I’ll need a post mount adapter to fit onto ?

Now that’s what I’ll need to know
I’ve emailed FRM
If it’s a no from them then I guess I’ll need to pull out of the sale

IS mount holes are 51mm apart.

The FRM adaptor looks thick, but you could space out the difference with washers.

Ah so it’s a proprietary part on which I’ll need a post mount adapter to fit onto ?
yep.

don't pull out the sale because of it though. I can design the part from a few measurements and you can get it made up easy enough. could quite easily do away with the IS mount and go straight to post mount if you are having it made.

Is it the one off Dan?

No doubt he could knock you one up if he doesn't have the original.

Is it the one off Dan?

No doubt he could knock you one up if he doesn't have the original.
Yes that’s the one I put the wanted ad for
It hasn’t the mount
This one here - can any one recognise whether it’s the same one as in the diagram above ? Or something else IMG_3694.jpeg IMG_3693.jpeg

yep.

don't pull out the sale because of it though. I can design the part from a few measurements and you can get it made up easy enough. could quite easily do away with the IS mount and go straight to post mount if you are having it made.
Thanks man
That would be helpful
I’ve posted a pic above of some forks with the calipers fitted - it seems to be a Post mount without adapter - or I’m mistaken

Latest posts

Back