Question about Lepper Bielefeld

vaidelis

Retro Guru
Hello everyone,

sorry if my question is placed in the not correct forum group.
I have got old saddle Lepper Bielefeld (pictures of similar saddle are browsed). So does everyone knows where these saddles was used (in what kind of bikes, if is is possible approximately year). Thank a lot.

Notice: added pictures are not mine saddle since mine camera is out of order.

Attachments

• Lepper3.JPG
    Lepper3.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 548
  • Lepper2.JPG
    Lepper2.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 548
  • Lepper1.JPG
    Lepper1.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 548
Lepper was originally a German company (Bielefeld is in Germany),
set up in the 1890s.

At some point, it set up a branch in the Netherlands and eventually became a Dutch company, which still exists and still makes saddles today.

I don't know exactly when they moved to the Netherlands, but a saddle with the Bielefeld name still on is presumably quite old, maybe pre-1950s?

I think Lepper saddles were a cheaper version of Brooks. I've mainly seen them on old Dutch granny and roadster type bikes. They also made other components - I have a Lepper stem somewhere.

Re:

This is a saddle used for trick cycling. It gives you something to sit on when riding on the back wheel of a trick bike. I think the first safety bikes used for trick cycling came about in the late 1800s. If you lookup artistic cycling, you can find bikes still using this type of saddle today although i don't know where to buy them. Is this saddle for sale? I have a prewar trick cycle that would look best w a vintage saddle like yours.

Back