Public sector strikes on Wednesday

Which unskilled jobs are you referring to?

And it's the international financial crisis to blame, now,is it?

And which part of the public sector created that little mess :LOL: :LOL:

"Before accepting I considered the long term prospects and what it means for my financies"

Do you know, that's exactly what I did, when I started my job. But I'm
in the public sector. Doh!!

Doesn't matter whose fault it is - fact of the matter is we're in this mess and everyone has to react. The industries I've worked in haven't been responsible either, doesn't mean they expect to just carry on as before. An earthquake wouldn't be my falut, but if I found myself in the middle of one I sure wouldn't be standing there saying - "well it's not fair that my house should fall down, I didn't cause this, I demand that my house doens't fall down".

And I'm not about it list every unskilled job in the public sector. Use your brain...

marky2484":3ptkmlbe said:
"Before accepting I considered the long term prospects and what it means for my financies"

Do you know, that's exactly what I did, when I started my job. But I'm
in the public sector. Doh!!

So did my friend a few posts up who accepted a pay cut. What he, and I, realise is that sometimes, when you're an adult, things just aren't "fair", and you have to be realistic.

Rumble, you are really not going to get this are you. I don't want more money. Would be nice, sure. But whatever. I provide a service. I enjoy my job. What I want, is for all the promises that have been made to me, for 25 years, to be hounoured.

What I am not, is the sort of person, that when bad things happen to me, I wish them onto other people. The private pension schemes went tits up cos they were looted, by government, and by the bosses. I'm sorry. It genuinely wasn't my fault. :cry:

marky2484":3bvjo0nj said:
Which unskilled jobs are you referring to?

And it's the international financial crisis to blame, now,is it?

And which part of the public sector created that little mess :LOL: :LOL:
The FSA.

I would be genuinely interested in which public sector jobs you considered, (using your brain ;) ) unskilled..........

Perhaps we could shaft them eh.

marky2484":3dp6ngz5 said:
by the bosses.

Do you know - I don't consider my bosses the enemy, I can't really think of anyone I've ever worked with that does either. Maybe that's another difference between the sectors - one of them is full of people pulling together for the common good, and the other is the public sector.

Actually, I dont consider the bosses the enemy either. But who do you suppose looted the pension funds.........the cleaning ladies ;)

Latest posts

Back