Public sector strikes on Wednesday

Feeling a little smug. The twins' school is shut and I have managed to change an afternoon appointment from Thursday to Wednesday. I can now take them to see the German Christmas market in Birmingham in the morning, then hand them over to the wife when she finishes at work to bring them home on the train. I can then lecture about GPS and robotics in the afternoon. A little quality time and nobody has to take time off.

Result!

Iwasgoodonce":huudwyf8 said:
Feeling a little smug. The twins' school is shut and I have managed to change an afternoon appointment from Thursday to Wednesday. I can now take them to see the German Christmas market in Birmingham in the morning, then hand them over to the wife when she finishes at work to bring them home on the train. I can then lecture about GPS and robotics in the afternoon. A little quality time and nobody has to take time off.

Result!

I'm pretty sure that's the exact reason the strike is taking place :LOL:

makster":16h7f3xi said:
Great day to get into the country illegally :roll:

Sorry explain... an totally out of it... dont have a glue what is happening in the uk
Why... to do with public sector cuts ??

skuncan":sl97z4f7 said:
makster":sl97z4f7 said:

Sorry explain... an totally out of it... dont have a glue what is happening in the uk

All (a lot) of the UK border agency will be on strike. They (sort of) stop illegals gaining entry to this once fair ilse.

The one thing in the news here recently not connected with the Euro meltdown is the fact that they seemed to open the border whenever a small queue formed. Next door recently aquired a new guard dog. Imagine their distress when the new hound actually opened the door to thieving scum and let them ransack the house.

Turned out the dog was a UK Border Collie!

It's because the ConDems are trying to steal our pensions. Luckily for me my Union is still in talks so we won't be out on the 30th but I fully support every person that walks.

They picked the wrong fight here. :evil:

Iwasgoodonce":18o8fe5f said:
skuncan":18o8fe5f said:
makster":18o8fe5f said:

All (a lot) of the UK border agency will be on strike. They (sort of) stop illegals gaining entry to this once fair ilse.

The one thing in the news here recently not connected with the Euro meltdown is the fact that they seemed to open the border whenever a small queue formed. Next door recently aquired a new guard dog. Imagine their distress when the new hound actually opened the door to thieving scum and let them ransack the house.

Turned out the dog was a UK Border Collie!

OK... so am flying into Manchester tomorrow afternoon.... is it gonna be hell at the airports ??

Back