Proper fork length for Diamondback Axis TT?

frantik

Retro Guru
I'm almost done putting together my Axis TT and I can tell the fork that it came with is too long.. just sitting on the bike and moving the handle bars I get massive wheel flop, and the whole bike looks like its tilted back. The fork it came with is an "Exotic" branded carbon fork, appears to be about 44.5cm long, which according to the manufacturer is apparently suitable for 4 inches of travel (100mm)

The same fork also comes in 42cm and 39cm. 42cm is listed as being suitable for 0-80mm of travel, 39cm listed as being suitable for no travel. Which one is closest to the stock fork? Or any suggestions for a lightweight rigid fork that matches but doesn't cost a fortune?

thanks

stock fork would probably have been around 410. i run a 420 on a frame designed for 410. If you can tell the difference you're a better man than me.

i keep seeing the measurement 413mm popping up on steel forks with 45mm of offset.. im guessing thats probably close

I ran mine with a Fox F80 which are 450mm so with 25% sag that's 430mm. I thought the Manitou forks originally specc'd on the 1995 models was about 425mm fully extended. As with the previous post, rigid around 415mm might be ok.

SP

thanks, grabbed this nice Tange butted fork branded Trek System 3 tonight. Weight is 790g which is less than the listed weight for the carbon fork its going to replace :mrgreen: the paint is in really good shape, its a shame it doesnt match the titanium at all.

~410mm length

wnywRKA.jpg

Back