Project GT 700c

Yeah opened it all up, and then had to spend ages Warming and reshaping the seat tube back into shape and have now got it back to original and also Reshaped Damage to top of seat tube.

thanks

Re: Project GT 700c Update

Well a little more done, Spent 2 hours taking 0.4mm of the dia of the seat post, as Just wanted to make sure (fingers crossed) that if fits perfect and not seize up Loads of Vaseline inside Frame.

Have also injected cavity sealer (car interior stuff) into frame so hopefully that should help with it living a long life.

Now I am sure Handlebars will cause a mixed Response I know and still have not made mind up, but loved them on M-Trax touring. but still not sure as fancy Drops & Hoods???????????

Tried On a set V brakes to see, But will have to look for Mini Vs so I can get cable run and also still be able to use Rack Fittings on frame possibly.

Anyway Just thought someone might be interested in update.

If anyone has a set of Mini Vs for sale let me know, also Still looking for a Bottom bracket, 122.5mm??

Cheers

(Yeah I know I missed a bit of paint on the cable tube under the crossbar bugger, can be sorted) Please Ignore all the dust and bits of wire wool on frame, needs blowing off and wipe down.

Attachments

• DSC06582 (640x480).jpg
    DSC06582 (640x480).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC06583 (640x480).jpg
    DSC06583 (640x480).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC06584 (480x640).jpg
    DSC06584 (480x640).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC06585 (480x640).jpg
    DSC06585 (480x640).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC06586 (640x480).jpg
    DSC06586 (640x480).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 304
Re: Project GT 700c Update

RichMTrax":poy4kco0 said:
Just wanted to make sure (fingers crossed) that if fits perfect and not seize up Loads of Vaseline inside Frame.

Vaseline is more expensive than bike grease!

I know but, Had Vaseline in cupboard and was to lazy to go into shed a find grease, But will be adding a bit of Cooper grease to seat post tube just to make sure. (Over Kill i know)

If you are looking for brakes, I would suggest modern cx cantis. I have FSA SL-K's on my Rourke and they are as good as any one of my v braked bikes and better that any canti I have used in the past.

Cheers for that, I am still considering the Canti option, and have been looking at tektro CX cantis, I am on a tight budget.
Thanks for the idea's

That's exactly what I am thinking, but Want good brake's and rims. But I think may run original rims For a while.So that will be another few days of cleaning and polishing but worth it.

Update, Sorry have not posted any further updates ref the Project, if anyone is interested But Had a drastic Failure of lacquer. The Plastikote Sealer which I used has Blistered and Parted company with the Frame.Have used this a number of times with no issue's doing ht e same technique but I guess this one has failed.

So Now the possible interesting bit. I decided to strip down again and Remove all cable guides, and smooth out etc. and am going to paint it once I finish with the silver solder, were there are some low bits. and then build up into either Nexus rear or Surly Dingle double cog (singlespeed).

Anyway Soon be Christmas so hopefully CRC vouchers.
You all have a great Christmas and excellent new year.

Well Happy New year to you all , Bit late I know, Well thought I would Quickly Post a few Update pics of Project GT, Getting there Now, Had a real problem with play in Freehub But got that sorted now( had come Loose) so saved a few quid, Wheels are only for the winter.

I bought The Tektro RX3 Rears, but one of the arm springs was snapped, So I Emailed Tektro just in case hey could help and they posted me two new springs for Free.

( ignore front V Brake just fitted in case)

So now looking for RX3 or similar for the Front and a 42T front Chainnring, although after all the Food over Christmas May stick with 36 front for a while easier to pull Lardy arse around for a while with 16T and 18T on rear.

Will write something a bit better later one if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Rich

Attachments

• DSC06599 (800x600).jpg
    DSC06599 (800x600).jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC06600 (800x600).jpg
    DSC06600 (800x600).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC06601 (800x600).jpg
    DSC06601 (800x600).jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 173