proflex addiction!!

Djr-xc-quadracer88

Old School Hero
I remember seeing a proflex years ago and thinking i wish i could afford one of those beautys!!!

Well since i've been coming on this site, i started looking for a proflex?!?! :?

I don't really know how it happened but now i've got 4 proflex bikes!!!!
The first proflex i bought was the 96' 856 the first ride on it and i was hooked!! :shock:

Then came the 98' Animal frameset, then a complete 97' Animal, And then a 97' 857....!!
WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING??? :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :LOL:

I GOT IT BAD!

haha i know what you mean lad. I always wanted one back in the very early 90's when they first came available. When I saw a scabby one for sale on eBay I knew I had to have it. I am sure it wont be my last one. There is something pure in a Proflex, don't know what it is, maybe they look just "right"

I like the early Proflex, bought a brand new one in 92 (an 852) but was always slightly too big as it was an 18", was very tempted when a 16" 852 came up for sale on here recently (was only £40 too :roll: ) but with four bikes and two "projects" at the time i swore i was'nt buying anything else :(

hi
people after my own heart. :D proflex are a luvem or hatem kind of bike i've found. no middle ground. i think mostly misunderstood. because you can't go down to your local bike store and try one any more most people aren't familiar with them. they certainly get the looks from passers by. admittedly the vector fork is unusual looking.
i have owned 4 proflex's. now have 3 of them with the addition of an 857 frame and fork set that arrived last week. still have my original 854 i bought new too. too sentimental to let it go. even with it's rock hard elastomers it is a sweet looking frame. love the rear swingarm on the oldies. 1994 and older that is.
and if i'm not riding my proflex then i'm riding one of my other bikes i've put a vector fork on.
keep collecting them. if you don't i will.
roy

Attachments

• pro5.jpg
    pro5.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,699
  • pro7.jpg
    pro7.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,699
I had to buy the 857 this week, i just could'nt resist it, girvin crosslink forks and a carbon swinging arm!!! just soooo trick!!

The guy i bought it from had had it from new and had upgraded the rear shock to a noleen NR4 when new!! just looks and rides awesome! :D

He gave me a spare drop out and the touch up paint...! RESULT!

This is the first proflex i bought,an 856 the bike that started my addiction!!!!
it's a shame the guy had snapped the original carbon legged girvin front end bitd!! :eek:

p4230398.jpg

p4230406.jpg

Since i took those pics i have fitted a matching DX red rear V brake, black azonic bars, platform pedals, XT combo shifters and a different seat!!
Its a lot cleaner now that was when i got it home.

Back