Proflex 752 Alloy how much?

cem

Retro Newbie
hi guys, trying to get an idea of how much my old proflex 752 is worth, the only damage is a few scrapes, it does need a bit of a clean but i have been a touch busy with work so not had time to do that yet. apologies for the image sizes whatever i did to resize them didn't work

this was one of the first of the 752 to be shipped into the Uk and was supplied to me by Ultrasport the distributor of the time, the rear shock was the upgrade to the single piece elastomer .... last used in anger in the 1992 grundig world cup in Stathpeffer and only played with since then due to injury (falling off a rock face rather than a bike)

i will try to answer any tech questions but it has been a while since i have been involved in the bike game so to speak

bike-3.jpg

bike-1.jpg

bike-2.jpg

bike-4.jpg

bike-5.jpg

bike-6.jpg

The forks don't look to have sagged, do they still work well? How are the elastomers in the stem and rear? These can be hard/expensive to replace.
Given a thorough clean and polish and with a bit more info on the bike's history (are you saying you rode it in a World Cup race?) I would say upwards of £150 maybe £200, at a guess.

Certainly looks like a nice bike that would sit well in the Reader's Bikes section with the full story of it's history.

hi, forks still appear to be working well, and the elastomers on both front and back seam goods (rear needs a bit of tension put on it)i think i also have the original hard forks somewhere in the garage

yup i rode it in the open category of the grundig world cup in 1992, when i was a lot younger and fitter, made it to the final from the 2 heats and then managed to exit the bike somewhat rapidly 4 miles into the race.... it was a long and painful walk back with a lot of blood coming from my shin

Back