Principia information

TimmS

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys,
Long time lurker, first time poster, I hope you can help.

I have an eye on a Principia Rex frame to built it as a semi-retro spare/ winter/ fun bike.
The frame has a weird headtube construction with what seems like alloy busses in the frame in which the headset is mounted.

The frame number is something like PA 85013 R and it comes with a look fork, it also has downtube bosses.

I hope you can help! Maybe someone has a old catalog?

Re:

I some sort of found the answer here viewforum.php?f=43
The strange headtube seems right, but now I would like to know whether there are headsets available still that fit....

Cheers

Re:

The headsets are available from Principia's website directly bit they're not cheap. Around €100 plus postage from Denmark if memory serves.

Here you go TimmS. There's a few nice wallpapers and stuff, but if you scroll to the bottom there's every Principia brochure from 2001-2006 and also an owners guide with a rather hilarious 'Principia noise reduction guide' - which appears to tell you to tighten up all your nuts and bolts!

http://web.archive.org/web/200802130306 ... loads.html

I'm building my Rex E up with all Campag components, trying to make it as bling as possible for the least amount of money - just saving up for some wheels at the minute then it'll be making it's sportive debut in June with any luck...

Back