Powder coating prices and is it any good

racer x

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello can anyone help me im looking into powder coating two alloy frames in large has anyone had this done and is it any good long lasting and also whats the cost theses days :?:

It gives you a tough durable finish at low cost but is a bit hit and miss from experience comes out well most of the time though.

The only other issue is that they nearly always get it in all the threads so you'll need nitromors and a toothbrush or in an ideal world a tap and die kit for afterwards.

Have fun! :cool:

Nahh if you do the prep work yourself so they just have to coat it you'll probably get the 2 does for £60

It looks to be very affordable powder coating im after a finish that will last longer then spraying

Had a couple of alloy frame sprayed in the past and they have alway chipped is powder coating better :?: in this way

RAFbikes":2u26rxc5 said:
The only other issue is that they nearly always get it in all the threads so you'll need nitromors and a toothbrush or in an ideal world a tap and die kit for afterwards. :cool:

Just fit a few old canti and bottle cage fasteners and a couple of scrap BB cups and take them out afterwards.

Simples... ;)

i would also have them do the prep work to be honest. that way if the finish isnt right they can't transfer the blame

That probably the way i will go to mate- they would need sand blasting one frame will any way does the finish vary depending on the prep work or are all powder coaters all differnt :?:

Back