Powder Coating needed/help

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I need my Zaskar frame done professionally, but am worried/scared to send it off to somewhere to get it sprayed, as ive never done this before, can someone help, i could send it to them to get it sprayed etc, im not after any fancy colour or nothing,

there are all the usual suspects that are usually mentioned on here like bob jackson and argos (they're both good but expensive) but a while back someone put up a link to a bunch of guys that don't charge the earth that he had used a few times, i remember clicking on their website and being quite impressed, they weren't bike specific but quality was mentioned constantly on their site. i remember thinking that i would use them for one colour jobs to keep some costs down next time i wanted something doing, unfortunately i never saved the link :roll:

hope fully they will post it again!!

hint hint!!! :D

I posted my Marin off to windridge, was a bit wierd as i would rather have collected (and checked) it before payment but it all turned out great :)

Drystonepaul has a guy who just did my Saracen really pleased with it and really cheap ps none of the threads were painted either :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thread Hijack ;)
I want to get a few parts powdercoated (alloy frame, forks, stem etc) and I know that if its painted then the part obviously needs to be stripped back to bare metal first but whats the rule for anodised parts?? Do you need to caustic the finish off them first or can you powdercoat directly over the anodising...?

I have a `95 Cinder Cone which i'm thinking of putting rear disc tabs on and getting it re-sprayed. I've been on Argos Cycles and been thinking of using them as i want all the decals the same etc. Anyone used them? I'm not too bothered on the cost, i just want it looking good!

Back