(Possible OT) Retro hardcore hardtails?

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Looking for inspiration for a new build.

Thinking old bombers ..... riser bars with a brace ..... fat tyres .... but retro.

Can anyone help with pics?

I'd love to see pics of retro hardcore hardtails! I own a retro bike (Haro Escape A2 - 1997) and a modern hardcore hardtail (OnOne 456 Summer Season) so I guess it's only natural I'm interested. :p

I have watched all these retro downhill videos with all the racers on hardtails and I'd be very curious to know how they specced these bikes as well.

This is what I was riding in 1999, on a schoolboy's budget...

CNV00003.jpg

CNV00002.jpg

Heavy Tools Duel frame (badged as Ultimate Hardware for some reason), DH3s with Z2 springs in them, v-brakes, IRC Kujo DHs, a Sun Big Mammoth rear/Rhyno Lite front wheelset. All of which got me through my first alps holiday in Les Gets. Eventually got some bigger Rond forks and a Hope M4, then got nicked :(

Definitely GT Zaskar!

Chuck something or other (forgotten what it was called)..?
Spooky Metalhead?
Orange Airo?
Orange MsIsle?
Generalised S-Works M2?

I'd also add to that list a Planet X Jack Flash and Azonic DS2. Both were around at the same time as bombers and were part of the wave of hardcore/jump/dual bikes that came out around that time.

Rumble":2girxn3c said:
I'd also add to that list a Planet X Jack Flash and Azonic DS2. Both were around at the same time as bombers and were part of the wave of hardcore/jump/dual bikes that came out around that time.

HOW did I manage to forget the Azonic! I used to bloody own one! :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back