Porsche Mountain Bikes - anyone got one??

declan

Retro Newbie
Hi Folks,

I've just joined here as I have a couple of Porsche Mountain bikes and will now be looking for any help with some info!

First, I have read lots of posts on here about the bikes, and in my case my wife has worked for Porsche for over 19 years, and we met when I worked for them for 4 - she, like many staff, bought a 'Bike S' for herself back in '96/97.

This was one of the original bikes with better cranks etc. She loves it and has used it extensively, and although the VOTECs were rebuilt once, they are due again....

Because of the lack of spares I bought a later 'Bike S' (poorer components) but have spare forks and of course frame should I need it.

Anyway, after many years I have just found a brand new old stock original '1999' model FS in yellow and collected today. It is still as delivered from the factory to the dealer who still had it in the corner of the parts department - not even assembled fully and on ruined tyres!

I will be looking for suitable parts for both as the FS will be commissioned, and the S restored to have the set.

If anyone who has one has any info or tips and would be prepared to share as needed let me know.

I know all the comments about the bikes, but I still think they are incredible designs for their time, and these are now more collectors pieces than cutting edge machines.

With our connections to Porsche, I am still keen to pick up other models - Black FS; Later Gray S; and Red or Blue non carbon FS models - along with the road bikes.

If you have one that is original, and looking to sell, let me know.

Location is not an issue - I searched worldwide to find an FS, and after avoiding many scam ads, actually found one closer to home! But so long as it can be paclaged I can arrange shipment to my home from anywhere.

Declan

Quite nice looker, this one.

porsche-bike-fs-2z.jpg

Porsche FS Evolution

Thanks to those who responded.

I have actually got my 'new' bike now - the box had never been opened! It is actually an Evolution, just like the photo with original continental tyres, lightweight pedals and the longest seat stem - large size.....

Will post some photos once polished and dust removed. Still has original reflectors on wheels ( usually removed in most photos ) and the masking tape over the Porsche Crest to protect it.

Thanks for the input on maker - Votec, but you might have gathered I am well aware of that. Later frames were made by Storck after Votec, but they were only sold through the Porsche dealer network as part of the agreement with Porsche. Obviously the dealers were happy to offload so some shops picked them up.

The later version of the S in grey was a Storck made frame and when they had some left in stock they sold to their dealers and through them to the public.

not sure if it is still there but there was one in a shop in Blue water shopping center in Kent , uk . Brand new . I seem to remember it had magura brakes and doulble T forks .

I have always liked the look of the porsche bikes and wish you the best of luck on your search for info (and more bikes).

If you ever fancy swapping a porsche for a lotus... let me know :)

Look forward to seeing more photo's

Re: Porsche FS Evolution

declan":1d23yk3w said:
Thanks to those who responded.

I have actually got my 'new' bike now - the box had never been opened! It is actually an Evolution, just like the photo with original continental tyres, lightweight pedals and the longest seat stem - large size.....

Will post some photos once polished and dust removed. Still has original reflectors on wheels ( usually removed in most photos ) and the masking tape over the Porsche Crest to protect it.

Thanks for the input on maker - Votec, but you might have gathered I am well aware of that. Later frames were made by Storck after Votec, but they were only sold through the Porsche dealer network as part of the agreement with Porsche. Obviously the dealers were happy to offload so some shops picked them up.

The later version of the S in grey was a Storck made frame and when they had some left in stock they sold to their dealers and through them to the public.

Hi declan,

Really looking forward to see pics of your nice collection ! Should be the complete range of Bike S, FS & FS Evolution made by Votec ? Any of yours produced by Storck? Agree with you that these were well engineered bikes produced by Votec and later on by Storck.

Porsche Bikes

Hello Declan,
I am new on this forum and was searching on “Porsche Bikes” and come on your post.
Nice to read there are other Porsche Bike enthusiasts. I am aware these Bikes are not to everyone’s taste, but I like them very much as well ;)
I own 3 Porsche Bikes myself :oops: : a “1996 model” Porsche Bike FS in black, a “1996 model” Porsche Bike S in red and a “1997 model” Porsche Bike S in red. Also I collect original owners manuals of these Bikes as well as original sales brochures from 1995 up to 2002 (1998 is the only missing in my collection)
As I try to keep these Bikes as original as possible I am always looking for original parts. For example I have several “Continental Leader Pro” tyres in stock and I am looking for good “Selle Italia Flite Alpes” and “Selle Italia Expedia” saddles.
Could you post some photos of your Bikes :?:
Best regards to all.

Back