Please dont hit me - today's tip find is...

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
unbelievable!

Specialized Rockhopper (big frame, stuck seatpost, Mountain LX, no wheels)

And two, yes two Trek Snap-On special editions.... (one set of wheels, crap running gear, cro-mo frames).

I'm off to lie down for a while.... :shock:

Attachments

• DSC01379.JPG
    DSC01379.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,756
  • DSC01380.JPG
    DSC01380.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,756
  • DSC01381.JPG
    DSC01381.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,756
:shock: :shock: :shock: Lucky chap. I remember lusting after that 'hopper' BITD in Kingston Evens :| The Treks look in good condition. Why any body would throw away :x

I had a Rockhopper just like that - it's now with my bro in New York City, resprayed but still going strong.

I'm beginning to think you work at the tip or are even the area manager for refuse disposal based on the sheer amount of decent kit you get hold of !

So VERY Not Fair !!!!!!!!! :shock:

If you walked in to any LBS with those and asked 'how much to get these on the road again?' they'd all tell you it would make more economic sense to buy a whole new bike - and they'd be right.

It's not like Joe Public is gonna scour eBay/forums for cheap parts to fix them up, and in that condition they don't really have a resale value.

It may be indicative of a throw-away culture, but it's hardly suprising.

The Trek's will probably scrub up quite nicely, and I do love the colour......but I think the Specialized may have to go back to the tip.

Tallpaul":1lmknwhl said:
If you walked in to any LBS with those and asked 'how much to get these on the road again?' they'd all tell you it would make more economic sense to buy a whole new bike - and they'd be right.

It's not like Joe Public is gonna scour eBay/forums for cheap parts to fix them up, and in that condition they don't really have a resale value.

It may be indicative of a throw-away culture, but it's hardly suprising.

well... a new chain, WD40 and the tyres pumped up - I had one Trek out for a spin.

The Rockhopper is a parts only option anyway.

So there.

Back