peugeot ventoux 50cm - stunning original condition!

You're supposed to put a price up on the site and full details and leave a price when it's been sold, reading the site rules may be a good idea first? Amazed the mods not locked this?

Ok well it sold for £250 and heres the description:
PEUGEOT VENTOUX CLASSIC RETRO 80s ROAD BIKE

Here is my peugeot ventoux 51cm road bike for sale from between 85-87, hopefully the pictures will show what stunning condition it is in!
When i purchased the bike i realised that it had never been ridden so after giving it a clean i decided its to good condition for general use and unfortunately have no where to keep it. This bike is in condition you would expect new due to no use!
I have not changed anything on the bike and it is 100% original,even the inner tubes are the originals!

Its a lugless reynolds 501 frame in stunning condition it has 2 very small storage marks on seat stays as seen in last picture(nothing and hardly visible but just being totally honest in description) it has fully chrome forks (might also be 501?).
Wheelset is 700c clincher, Mavic module E rims with stainless eyelets built on mallard hubs the rear is maillard helicomatic wheels are all stainless spokes and stunningly clean! they still have original michelin tyres which are perished however i could add some specialized tyres in with the deal if you plan on using it.
12 speed sachs huret rival gears (front/rear mechs and downtube shifters)
Chainset: Nervar 52-42
Pedals: maillard cxc stunningly smooth due to no use,christophe clips but no straps.
ITM seatpost
suede saddle
Phillips atax franco stem and bars
weinmann levers and front and rear brakes all in stunning condition includes original and untouched weinmann brev brake blocks, the tan hoods do have lines from age but not started to crack yet.
The frame also still has its original cat eye reflectors on the frame and original reflectors on the wheels and it also has the original model sticker near bottom bracket.

The bad points are: 1 drop out adjuster bent (still adjusts fine or a replacement could be found) the 2 little marks already mentioned (and seen in last picture) and the tyres perished (not surprised being over 25 years old!)

I THINK I HAVE COVERED MOST BUT ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK, HOWEVER I DON`T REALLY WANT TO POST THIS BIKE BUT WILL DELIVER FOR FUEL COSTS OR HAPPILY MEET AT WOLVERHAMPTON TRAIN STATION.

Not thats its made any difference as its sold anyway but hope thats made you feel better. :LOL:
ps i read the rules when i signed up last may but i`ve joined various other bike forums since so must have got confused.

Hi,

Nice bike! Don't suppose you or anyone knows where I might get hold of a 24mm seat post to fit what I think is a Peugeot Carbolite frame circa late 1980's?!

Back