Peugeot Triathlon with reynolds 501 frame, what age/ era

T4Harry

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

first post on here as looking at buying a Peugeot triathlon with a Reynolds 501 frame. I am wanting to know what year it was made. the link below is of the same bike but an image from Bing

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=peu ... ajaxhist=0

If somebody could please shed some light on this that would be a great help and I hope t be at l'erocia Britannia in June at Bakewell

Thanks
Harry
:)

Re:

I've got a fully restored 1988 one that I'm selling.

Looking for around 300 on it if your interested.

Re:

Think the one in ur link is a 87, the 86 had a water bottle in underside of frame, 87 didn't and didn't have aero brake levers. The 88 did have the aero levers.

Re:

Looking for something pre 1987 so i can enter the Eroica britannia. But thanks for the offer. And thanks for the replys guys bery helpful so its around 86-87

Re:

Attatched is an image of the actual bike i have been offred which ive recieved from the seller now. Is that picture any better ? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 3,096
Re:

Just had a good look through all the brochures on peugeotshow and in all the 1986 brochures, and the triathlon is in all of those including the US and the Netherlands.

Thanks for the link

This is my one which is an 88 (less the water bottles now and with original pedals and straps back on, tyres are also now new)

The one you have been offered looks like a 87 bike to me. With the chequers by the Peugeot Word and the stripes on the top tube over the brake cable lug.

Back