Peugeot Python 531

james1234

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

have been a lurker of this forum for a few years when linked from other bike forums, but only joined up a few days ago after getting into retro stuff a little more. Currently got a Saracen tufftrax elite which was given to me by my father which I would like to put a bit of money into, so this bike has to go!

Not sure exactly on the year, all I know is that it's a Peugeot Python 531 all terrain with tange forks. My initial plans for this was to strip it and restore it, but not matter how I look at it, it's way too big for me!

What has to be the coolest paintjob I've seen in ages, bright purple and pink - awesome.

Spec as follows:

58cm BB to top seat-tube

59cm centre to centre top-tube

Sakea seatpost

Exage 500lx front and rear mech

Exage 400lx chainset

3t stem, peugeot bars

Shimano brakes

Mavic m6 on hb-rm50 hubs

Wolber tyres

By looking at other photos of similar bikes, I believe this spec is original.

Rear spokes are very very loose and the wheel could do with a tune, front innertube has a slow puncture and it could do with new brake cables. I really do think this would clean up beautifully and make a really nice bike for someone.

I also have NOS vetta air saddle and NOS black ZOOM bars which I'd like to sell also.

Please excused my rushed photographs, the frame colour is much deeper in real life.

Looking for £100 collection from Leicester

James

Cool bike! I had a bright orange 24" Peugeot BITD as a feckless yoof. My stepdad had an MTB in the roadie team racing grey colourway.

Good luck with the sale!

I have one of these and they are a nice bike.

In those days Peugeot put together a quality frameset with decent wheels, stem/bars etc The running gear/brakes are perfectly function but easily upgraded.

If you cant shift the whole lot then you should get a fair chunk for the wheels and tyres as they look to be in good condition in the pics

Hi, have you still got it? I'm in Leicester and can pop around anytime.

cheers,

Roger.

EDIT P.S. just realised who you are!

Back