People that turn their bike up sidedown to fix things.

Acceptable?

• Yes. What's the problem?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. It's unforgivable.

• People can do what they like to their own bikes.

• Total voters
Even worse, I left my dyson out in the garden after emptying the filter bit........when I got back, a tree had fallen on it and it was being attacked by stoats and weasels.

Yes, nature abhors a vacuum................
Glasses-waggle.gif

I try not to turn the bike upside down to work on it on hard floors, but sometimes it can't be helped.... besides, it gets far worse treatment out on the trails, scratches and scrapes are a daily occurrence.

I do notice however that if I ever turn the bike upside down to tighten a spoke/true the wheel then it completely confuses me and I end up turning the spoke the wrong way and making things worse instead of better. Somehow my brain doesn't work upside down :LOL:

I can't understand why people would spend time and money sourcing just the right levers and shifters then needlessly scratch the hell out of them.

I've learned not to flip mine like that-it does beat stuff up. Invariably what happens is my compulsive need to inspect/investigate/fix things immediately causes me to forget the potential damage caused by the 'flip'. I'm a bit of an ogre with my bikes, I need to work on that.

That being said, flipping a bike over to work on it is always preferable to flipping one over whist riding..... :oops:

A mate bought some gripshift betsys after months of looking for some.....after two weeks the tops of them had their stars and stripes all scratched through......numpty boy :LOL: :roll:

my best mate did it to both of my bikes when they had both had brand new hopes fitted and scratched the feck out of em. But then I've watched him do itto all of his, and they are usually bikes around the 3 grand mark.

I don't care anymore tbh, but I might with my brand newie when it turns up. I might just put some protective tape over the high bits on the bars.

Back