Pendle Witches 2014

Re: Re:

daccordimark":3gbora75 said:
"there should be a good tailwind on the seven mile stretch past the wind farms as you head for home towards Haslingden". Oh how I laughed at his mistake as I grovelled my lonely way over those bleak moors several hours later - NOT!
Nice write up Mark. Its this bit of the route that I found soul destoying the last couple of years. First time because its where the rain finally succeeded in chilling me to the bone and last year because I'd been suffering from cramp and just didn't feel like I could put any pressure into my pedalling stroke. If I hadn't been riding that section with you I think I could've quite easily climbed off and had a little cry.

Re:

I felt exactly the same on that climb into Haslingden - I would happily have thrown the bike in a ditch, if I could have found one that was downwind. But blimey I am looking forward to the next one. Sean is some kind of bike ride organising deity. :D

daccordimark":2c89qnrl said:
- it might have been the beaten up Peugeot

oi! It's not "beaten up", it's "well-loved".

And I reckon rust is lighter than paint...

Seriously though I would quite like to give it a proper respray, rechrome the forks etc, but every time I feel like I have a suitable chunk of cash with which to do it something more important comes along.

I did also get snapped by the stealth photographer on the Hud Rake. Anyone know if he has uploaded them anywhere? Might be a chance that I look less of a mess than I did on the cyclesport.com photos. A slim chance!

Tarr3n":2sp149au said:
daccordimark":2sp149au said:
- it might have been the beaten up Peugeot

oi! It's not "beaten up", it's "well-loved".
I knew someone would pop up in defence of that Peugeot! I was seriously worried about your back wheel but as I wasn't carrying a spoke key I kept quiet. It certainly didn't slow you down so it wasn't rubbing on the brake blocks too much but was seriously out of true.

Mark.

Aye. I noticed around Mitton/Whalley area that the back wheel had gone a bit misshapen. Fairly certain it was OK at the start and still OK coming off Waddington Fell otherwise I would have expected to get a wobble on at speed. You might be able to correct me on this! I thought I'd done it on the run in to Bashall Eaves where I came round a corner at a decent lick to find the entire width of the road completely cratered.

Need to get it into the shop and hope it is truable. Especially given the freewheel just imploded on the only other rear wheel I currently own that is the correct OLN size. Hoping that one is just the freewheel and that I can get the freewheel off - not properly inspected it yet!

Latest posts

Back