pedal cage refurb options?

bold stelvis

Kona Fan
Got these of evilbay recently for only a few quid:

1729347191728.png

Wellgo - seem to be copies of shimano M730s or similar - a little crude on the body castings but pretty chunky and feel decent enough, and I like the fact they are properly double sided.

bearings needed regreased and I cleaned up the races and put new ballbearings in, vinegar-ed all the bolts, and then scraped and sanded all the old black paint off the cages and gave those and the bodies a bit of polish:

pedals_03.jpg pedals_01.jpg

My plan for these is to re-coat the cages again - but rather than black, I fancy that sort of "Suntour" champagne bronze colour that will go better with the build:

1729348652824.png

so question - what are my options here?

Initially thought Cerakote but that sounds like it will likely cost an arm and a leg, and though I have checked out some people doing it DIY, it seems I would need a media blast at the very least and then the coating itself still costs a lot of dough

After way too much time watching Amercans talking about painting their assault hunting rifles with various things, I kinda feel I am still not much wiser regarding what other types of paint or coating might be a good choice - most of the speciality stuff aimed at the gun community seems pretty pricey and hard to come by over this side of the pond

I guess the other obvious routes are some sort of anodizing, and just, well paint - but not sure what kind of paint would be best here? Was thinking maybe some sort of car rim paint might be suitable but am really not sure whats better than what. Is powder coating the way to go? Is it easy to get something this small done for reasonable outlay?

Any advice appreciated!

Back