Peachy Pace RC529…FINISHED Pg22

Excellent😁 Have you taken it out for a spin yet? Looks wise once you have decided on the bar height it would be good to match the bar too it ( ie get a suitable riser bar)

Yeah, hopefully you have had a chance to ride it. Will you actually be using the dropper post or was it more a case of why not?

Some nice parts on there, im sure you will love it, though i can see that flite getting swapped out for something a bit more comfortable.

:cool:

Excellent😁 Have you taken it out for a spin yet? Looks wise once you have decided on the bar height it would be good to match the bar too it ( ie get a suitable riser bar)
No not yet, too many "proper" jobs to do apparently.. As for spending anymore money on it, erm..no.
Yeah, hopefully you have had a chance to ride it. Will you actually be using the dropper post or was it more a case of why not?

Some nice parts on there, im sure you will love it, though i can see that flite getting swapped out for something a bit more comfortable.

:cool:
Flite would likely be the last thing I change, it's what I have on absolutely everything I ride regularly, on & off road, even my turbo trainer.

It’s very accomplished and very laid back. Ride report ASAP.

Was sceptical about the yellow but as a whole it pops and works.

Merry Christmas.

You’ve done a ace job on that. I’ve only one criticism which is the yellow cables but apart from that it’s a nice build. Now go get it dirrrrrty

It’s very accomplished and very laid back. Ride report ASAP.

Was sceptical about the yellow but as a whole it pops and works.

Merry Christmas.
Cheers chap, Much appreciated.
You’ve done a ace job on that. I’ve only one criticism which is the yellow cables but apart from that it’s a nice build. Now go get it dirrrrrty
Yeah, I’m in two minds myself, but they’ll stay for now.

Now then... had a quick buzz around the village just to make sure nothing would fall off! Then took it up a local 10% chalk farm track just to see how it climbs and what it was like downhill at speed..
First impressions in the style of @cjr61
Road = Mmmmhhh felt odd...
Gravel Path = sluggish
Climbing up steep heavy/large gravel = Wow! just Wow!
Hurtling down deep rutted steep chalk track = Excellent!

I must admit I wasn't feeling great on the ride around the village, I was just thinking what a bloody waste of money & effort. Then I started the climb & had my light-bulb moment that I was hoping for... it just rolled over all the lumps and bumps easily, no bother. And although the steering felt odd on the road, when I shot down that hill it filled me with confidence and of course the Pike's hardly noticed the stuff that would nearly have me off on my '91 Antaeus.

So I think I'll stick it in @raidan73 newly reserected 98+ comp;

So the next question I'd like to ask @Madmax1993 @Magpiegifts @jimo746 @yakboy @Hotwheels. @Bcxbcx @cjr61 @retroJIM @The History Man @mforrest @Grubby @trailstar82 @longun @kingoffootball @oaklec @albash82 @Joe*Pro @mk one @Stressed @velofrog @Tootyred @brocklanders023 @d8mok @2manyoranges @coomber @ibbz @LongLegsRetro @enc @bignick @smokerings @hawkhill97 @DrGooGoo @benjabbi @Rotorhead @CTK @hellodave @leigh4013 (Sorry, @ seems to be the best way to wake up all previous contributes to this thread)

Which photo for the comp?

The Workshop
Peachy Pace RC529...jpeg

The Pump Track
Peachy Pace RC529..jpg

The Cross Country
Peachy Pace RC529.jpg

How did you find the bar height? It's worth playing about with it on every ride...don't be afraid to experiment

Back