Patria Falcon

this was for sale, very similar german steed, i would love to have, about a hundred £, just couldn't find the sale thread. I would offer 200 cad for the Patria, not more. If you really really want it, can take it for 250. My experience is hunting is better sitting quiet with a loaded gun, not chasing one.. there must be a cheap one near you, just needs patience to find.

400 dollars seems fair to me. It has a 35mm tyre minimum on there with mudguards so it will have some space still. And it looks unused, a big plus. No changing parts before you can ride.

Ok, thanks for everyones input on this bike. I don't how to go about offering someone $400 for something when he has it listed at 6 times the amount though. I don't even know if it will fit. The seller lives out in the country. He mentioned he is 6'2" in height and the frame has a 23" top tube, and 23" seat tube. I am two inches taller than he.

It seems, if they can be found, that a Jamis Coda or KHS urban Xpress can be had in a 23" and a 25" frame for about $150 to $200 CDN on the used market. Actually, almost any older quality steel frame hybrid would do just so long as they took fat tires.

I am a bit more than 6 2 and this would fit me perfectly. At two inches more you should be able to ride it, but perhaps you would be happier on a larger bike. Hard to say. A smaller frame will be more nimble and quick, but a larger bicycle is more stable. What I do when I go a lot lower than the asking price is explain my reasoning; asking price seems very high for a second hand bicycle, 400 dollar is what I think it is worth. Something to that effect. They are free to take it or leave it.

If i'd live there, i'd be on the lookout for a Rocky Mountain Metro. Wonder if Brodie ever built a hybrid frame?
Otherwise Marin, or Univega hybrids for less money could be found there? Or maybe Norco?

I would happily ride an older steel framed Hybrid, by either Norco, Univega etc. None exists in my size here and I have been keeping an eye open for a long time. I have a 2009 Cannondale Quick 5 at the moment which literally dropped in my lap a few years ago. However, it is one size too small and I don't want it. Even though it is an xl, it feels cramped for some reason. And it is aluminum with a steel fork. The rocky mountain metro seems nice too. Never seen one before. This patria might work, but it is 32 pounds apparently.

If i'd live there, i'd be on the lookout for a Rocky Mountain Metro. Wonder if Brodie ever built a hybrid frame?
Otherwise Marin, or Univega hybrids for less money could be found there? Or maybe Norco?
Hi RV, are you in Germany? There must be a lot of Patrias there. With no distribution in Canada, Patria is a complete unknown here.

Reactions: R-V
I would be very surprised if it is that heavy.
I am not sure of the model year of this bike, but it would be interesting to fish through the patria catalogues to confirm that weight. I read (translated) that some german riders who own the bike state that it is stable, but heavy. Heavy, relatively speaking. My objective was to find a "zip around" steel hybrid; a bike that is much easier to pedal than the Kuwahara bike I usually ride. For some errands you don't need to lug around all that extra weight. Why not give ones self a break.

Back