Parkpre Pro\Elite 1994

denco.h1e

Dirt Disciple
Don't know what happened but I posted about this new build last night only to find the post has disappeared today. Probably hit the wrong button without realising 🤷‍♂️

Anyway it's a 1994 Parkpre Pro\Elite that I won on ebay. It came with the original Mag 21s and a set of wheels with miss-matched hubs because the Ringle rear cracked and was replaced with a late model LX. Recently it's had an easy life as the seller's wife had fitted street tyres to ride it around the park.

Even though there were no frame decals I know it's a '94 because the seller confirmed that the brakes were purple Critical Racing ('95 model brakes were silver) and the forks are threaded ('95 are threadless). Also the rear brake noodle guide on the seat tube is smaller diameter on the '94, and my employer has a '95 for comparison.

This won't be a catalogue build because Parkpres being uncommon, the correct bars, seatpost and Ti seat are hard to find. Plus I'm not keen on Pulstar hubs - too difficult to keep shiny clean. And being an SPD man I won't be looking for Onza pedals or bar ends... or any bar ends for that matter!

The bike was originally specced with M737 XT and that's the way I'm going, including brakes and hubs.

The previous owner has split the bike and sold most of the parts last year and the frame, fork and wheels were all he was left with and they look to have done little work. The forks look they're just a couple of months old so I'm just going to replace the oil at first. I'll rebuild them only if they don't feel good after doing that. But we are talking Mag 21s here so good is a relative term 😂

I was going to run matching ControlTech post and stem but I found a member here who sold me the correct stem for a very reasonable price.

I'm still looking for a couple of parts and if anyone has a nice M737 cassette I'd be happy to chat. Bought a couple off ebay but they weren't as nice as I hoped.

Also, I have one really nice pair of M737 cantis but I need another pair complete with bolts, etc. I'm open to buying a full set if I have to, but full sets online seem to be crazy money at the moment, but if anyone has a full set for sale for sensible money lease PM me.

Parts cleaning starts this weekend. 😁

parkpre_parts_50.jpeg
noodle guide_50.jpg

Back