Paris Olympics

I won't be watching, I've never watched the Olympics (or any other sporting event) at any time. I just don't see the attraction in watching any sports - frankly I hate participating in every one I've ever tried except cycling and even then I'd hate to do cycling as a "sport".

Maybe I'm simple but I just like riding bikes... what other people do is of no interest to me (and they certainly don't "represent" me in any way.)
oooooo'k 🤣

not even the mountain biking?

Love the athletics, especially middle-distance running, which can have all the drama of a three-act play, with villains, heroes, comedy and tragedy. Pentathlon, heptathlon, pole vault etc. All amazing.

Also cycling (track is wonderful), triathlon, gymnastics, MTB of course, some swimming. And that canoeing down a rapid stream with gates to go through.

Not so much BMX, skateboarding, synchronised swimming, synchronised diving, breakdancing. But have at it, for those who like that sort of thing.

I can’t get enough of it. Incredible athletic performances from the planets fastest, strongest, most skilled and fittest specimens - what’s not to love!
I’m not too bothered with the patriotic stuff, but individual achievement really exhilarates. Hoping to see a good few world records.

Back