Panaracer Pasela

I'm running some Continental Tour Rides. They are pretty bomb proof and not bad on fire roads/tow paths, but they aren't for anything extreme. I did take them on some trails with the kids last summer, but they don't have enough volume for actual trail riding.

Thanks all.

Anyone taken the city jets off road? They look good in skin wall and near enough half the cost of Paselas.

Btw I contacted Compass - total cost shipped to the UK was $180!!! With UK tax and duty on top. I only paid £70 for the whole bike on eBay.

Rodrigues":2qgbs8op said:
Anyone taken the city jets off road?
Yes, they are fine on dry hardpack but terrifying on mud.
They do however have a slightly flared or squared off shoulder rather than a round profile. This means that there is at least an edge to give a little bit of traction when the front tyre is washing out wildly.

I personally think the best all season 'towpath tyre' is the Halo Twin rail. Run it at high pressures (50 - 60psi) in the dry and on road and it rolls nice and fast. Drop it to 35psi for when it's a bit softer. It's obviously not as good as a proper knobbly tyre in more slippery and deeper mud but not too bad.

halo-skinwall-twin-rail-26x22-tyre-66862.jpg

You can get them for about £18 per tyre if you shop around.

drystonepaul":3gu4zgbe said:
Rodrigues":3gu4zgbe said:
Anyone taken the city jets off road?
Yes, they are fine on dry hardpack but terrifying on mud.quote]

It's okay, most retro bikes rarely go out in the cold/wet/mud :LOL:

Following this thread with some interest as I'm looking for some tyres for a similar conditions. It's so muddy out there atm though slicks are out for me.

Has anyone used the Schwalbe CX Pros (26x1.3)?

I have a pair of 1,25 Panaracer Paselas that I have used for a year on my Ritchey for commuting and the occasional mixed grill of sandy/rocky paths in the vines. Never had a puncture, and they appear barely worn. Not especially grippy off road, but then that's as you'd expect for the tread profile and width. I bought them from Cycle Tyres Direct dot fr, a French website. Purchase was based on touring community positive reviews and my desire for skinwalls. If you actually use them for cycling the skinwalls will get black from brake juice and road crud, but they're still great tyres that make a lovely noise when you ride on the road.

Back