PACE RC45 Alternative

CraigB5

Dirt Disciple
Thinking of changing my stem and bars, I’ve never really been comfortable with the geometry. What would be a good alternative with a small rise preferably in a black colour scheme, on a 99 Zaskar. Thanks

Attachments

• 87404937-7B66-43D6-A4AB-0260E2C4CB1B.jpeg
    87404937-7B66-43D6-A4AB-0260E2C4CB1B.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 1,363
Re:

The world is your oyster really, depends on what you prefer looks wise.

I'm sure most replies would be kore or syncros, as this seems to be what most older zaskars get built with, and nothing wrong with them either imho. What seat post do you have? Want to match it?

Lots of other options to choose from including, but not limited to thomson, hope, use, race face, titec etc. I hear good things about the quality of syntace. Controltech are also good and more retro.

Thanks for your reply ishaw, I will have a look at those. I have a new Black Thomson Elite seatpost ready to fit, so the obvious choice would be a Thomson stem. I would like to keep the retro look so something like the Syncros would be nice, but I assume I am limited to the threadless 'ahead' type stems.

66 triumph daytona":31aqna5j said:
Controltech post/stem/bars in black are nice.Its what I have on my Zaskar.

Thanks, out of interest what rise/length are you running on your zaskar and what bar geometry. I am currently 0deg, 100mm with flat bars 580 wide. Never felt comfortable.

Back