Pace RC36 with lockout

Re:

Can you post a picture of the crown race shim?
It doesn’t look like a Pace one nor does it look like one I’ve made (I’ve made hundreds).

Thanks for getting in touch, the ring on the steer tube is just a compression ring I put it on there to save it getting lost, you say you’ve made shims, any chance I could buy one off you?

Kind regards,

Jason

Re:

The fork is an RC36 Pro Class 2 lockout equipped. The steerer is a standard Pace alloy steerer which was pressed in to the crown with a shim that SHOULD have an upstand onto whi

Re:

The fork is an RC36 Pro Class 2 lockout equipped. The steerer is a standard Pace alloy steerer which was pressed in to the crown in the factory with a shim that SHOULD have an upstand onto which the crown race of the headset should fit. This upstand appears to have been removed for some reason, you can see traces of marks on the steerer above the crown.

IMPORTANT: check the steerer VERY carefully around the base where it enters the fork crown for any deep scoring as grooves or damage in this area can lead to the steerer breaking!

If the steerer is OK the you can substitute for the upstand by fitting a standard Pace 'Crown Race Collar'

*check the steerer for any cuts, grooves or deep scoring before you do anything else*

Post some close up pics of the area if needs be or send the fork to me for checking.

Re:

The fork is an RC36 Pro Class 2 lockout equipped. The steerer is a standard Pace alloy steerer which was pressed in to the crown in the factory with a shim that SHOULD have an upstand onto which the crown race of the headset should fit. This upstand appears to have been removed for some reason, you can see traces of marks on the steerer above the crown.

IMPORTANT: check the steerer VERY carefully around the base where it enters the fork crown for any deep scoring as grooves or damage in this area can lead to the steerer breaking!

If the steerer is OK the you can substitute for the upstand by fitting a standard Pace 'Crown Race Collar'

*check the steerer for any cuts, grooves or deep scoring before you do anything else*

Post some close up pics of the area if needs be or send the fork to me for checking.
Hey buddy, On this topic I have a set of reasonable good condition rc36 pro class forks with the gold stanchions i need a full service on, previous posts i have read about these forks mention your the best man for the job.. is this correct?? I am a big guy and would need them sprung heavier if possible, I'm in the UK so can send em up to you no problem, If this is something you can do can you message me on my phone please, 07717442372 , many thanks Neville

Back