Pace RC200 with EVO RC36

mlbiker

Retro Newbie
I have 18" Pace RC200 with following spec.

Pace RC200 Fameset 18"
Pace RC36 EVO Fork
XT 8sp Rapid Fire Shifters
XT F-Mech
XT V Brakes
XTR Rear Mech
XTR Chainset (see note below)
Ringle Stem
Chris King Headset
Yeti bars
Rear wheel - Mavic 517 on XT Hub
Front wheel - Maviv 517 on Hope Hub

It currently has a 27.2 X-Lite post with a shim but really needs a new post which is the correct size as after trying a few shims none of them are that convincing. It has a new cassette and KMC chain but they were only cheapies to get the bike up a running. I also have a slight concern over the chainset as first ride it came a little loose, it got tightened straight away and hasn't come loose since but not sure it had been ridden previously while loose which never does them any good.

Not sure whether to complete the project (I rescued the bike from a mates garage) to get it back to its former glory or whether to pass it on, I am curious at this point before I invest anymore time/money to find out what its worth. Any experts with an opinion?

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 916
  • Bike2.jpg
    Bike2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 916
I'm not best placed to answer but it's a proper nice bike. It should command a decent price so the answer depends more on how much you paid for it and whether you want to keep it or flip it. On their own, decent RC36's will go north of £70 easily.

Re:

I tend to value an RC200 at £200-300 for the frame (condition dependent but must be without major issues)
RC36 Proclass£70-120 (yours will be toward the lower estimate due to the wear on the stanchions)
CK head set, £40 any day of the week
Ringle stem- £30-60 solong as the faceplate is in one bit still.
The Cranks look worn so £40
The Time pedals are a little niche so £10
The rest of the kit should be fairly easy to value from Ebay passed sales.

As a complete bike I would say £400-450 depending on eBays whims.

I'll give you £200 :)

Re:

Thanks for the advice, the value is sort of where I was expecting. The conundrum I have is that in order to get it how I want it I need to spend some more money to:

1) Change fork or get a new (longer) steerer so I could fit a different stem.
2) Change stem as I prefer 'flatter' look.
3) Both the above needed to get the right position.
4) New post as don't trust shim and at 29.4 not that great a choice and bike deserves a decent one.

So probably not much really when listed like that. Just can't decide now I've got to this point if I like the idea of owning and riding a classic more than the reality. Probably not the best Forum for comments like that :D .

Oh JeRKY - thanks for the offer but at £200 I'd rather just keep it so I can look at it now and then to remind me of being young, when this bike was the dogs dangly bits :)

Re:

I'll up it to £202

Since u just realised it was an old post ;-)

Its a very nice build,built like many would like to build it. Go with jerky, he know them well.

Back