Pace RC200 F8

Greetings
this looks slightly wrong...a bit too shiny and....good?!
Does it raise any suspicions before i drive to lancashire?

Dan

looks like they've taken a pic with the frame number basically on show; bit of a risk if it was stolen, which suggests it isn't. You could always message the seller and ask for the full frame number if you suspect it's been nicked; say it's for insurance purposes.

If you're worried about other issues like dents/cracks; just ask them, if they say 'it has no dents or cracks' then you've got some buyer protection if you find it's in bad shape when you get it. It is a bit weird they spell it 'know', and I would be slightly suspicious of such a short description of what should really be a loved & cherished classic!

Looks like its been well looked after but its not a F8. Canti hanger on the rear, machined section on the head tube and the old style stickers on the seat tube give it away. Probably a 1" head tube too. I'm guessing its a F3 or earlier.

£650 is a bit optimistic imho but it could be worth a cheeky offer if the seller seems genuine ;)

They've only sold 4 things before - 3 to the same person and that was over 4 years ago.

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, it looks like a sale to raise funds rather than anything dodgy (possibly for more locusts if you check the feedback...)

Back