Pace Rc100

Yes that is right, they milled slots into the clamps. Very cool.

Those bars are bonkers narrow with the brake levers "crossing", can't believe we road bikes off road with bars that narrow! Ghostbusters avoided crossed streams and we should have avoided crossed brake levers! ;) 🤣

Some lovely components on this one. Will you be going for Mavic wishbone shifters? I also think some tan walls will help bring some colour contrast to the build. Whatever you do, you always seem to do a very nice job with your bikes! 💪👍
Thanks 27motorhead, kind words.

The bars are terrifying, a quick lap round the block aged me horribly, lol. The cockpit needs some sorting, I’ll either go for Mavic wishbones, if I can find any, or XT thumbies. The Rc100 are often a blend of parts so I don’t feel bad mixing Shimano/Mavic and the Xt thumbies are so reliable.

Tyres, I’m leaning towards black to keep the stealth look about the bike but I’ll try tanwall as well to see. Lots of tinkering and mind changes ahead I think.

An RC100 has been on my wish list for a long time. I'd never really considered anything but the classic silver and yellow colour scheme but this looks super cool with it's stealthy black components :cool:

Yes. The Magura's that came with my RC100 also have the machined clamps.
Yes. Mine has the machined Magura clamps too.

Lovely RC100 Tom. I like the Mavic derailleurs and Syncros parts - maybe the Grip Shift replaced the Mavic wishbone shifters that weren't the best when it came to shifting.

The black stem and forks (tied in Nicely with the black RC30 crown) were an original colour option.
You could spec Neon Yellow, Metallic Yellow, or black.
Mine has the colour matched anodised RC30 crown, but I also have RC35's with a black anodised crown should I want to swap around. The crown came from Steve Worland (RIP) so probably the one from the MBUK pics bitd.

Lovely example though, it looks very complete and still has it's seat post clamp in place (common cracking point and were repaired by pace using an RC200 style clamp)
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

boy"O"boy

Very nice indeed - I love the one piece stem/steerers from these.

It really does have all the seatpost though, my back is hurting just looking at it!

Thanks 27motorhead, kind words.

The bars are terrifying, a quick lap round the block aged me horribly, lol. The cockpit needs some sorting, I’ll either go for Mavic wishbones, if I can find any, or XT thumbies. The Rc100 are often a blend of parts so I don’t feel bad mixing Shimano/Mavic and the Xt thumbies are so reliable.

Tyres, I’m leaning towards black to keep the stealth look about the bike but I’ll try tanwall as well to see. Lots of tinkering and mind changes ahead I think.
I run Mavic wishbone shifters on my RC100, they are, without doubt, not very good!!
Far too much lever throw on the front shifter, to get the Mavic mech to move across the chainrings, so if you want to ride it, go for Xt thumbshifters.

Back