Pace/Hope fork mount question.

I think in tried it both ways and (minus spokes) it fitted either way

I wish somebody at hope had just written this stuff down!

The P denotes Pace, and is specific for RC36 forks only, as is the clamp and shim that fixes to the fork leg.
The other appears to look like one I used to have on Judy SL's. They did different clamps and brackets for the different manufacturers of the time. I have a Judy SL one somewhere that will take some extensive digging out to find so that we can compare, but memory tells me I'm right.
Are you wanting to use Pace forks?

boxxer":57v1wofk said:
I think in tried it both ways and (minus spokes) it fitted either way

Minus spokes indeed. I had an issue a bit back fitting one to a radially laced front and the mount sat in the middle of the spokes so it wasnt for radial for sure :?
The pace one, ive fitted to a manitou with one of the thin No2 rear spacers and it seems to fit . There might be another mil if i fitted a bearing but thats still less than the 3mm the other one differs by.
Ill maybe see if it fits on the rear :LOL:

boxxer":57v1wofk said:
I wish somebody at hope had just written this stuff down!

Aye, thats for sure. but admittedly they do have diagrams from now right down to the mechanical one so thats considerably better than the vast majority.

Benandemu":57v1wofk said:
The P denotes Pace, and is specific for RC36 forks only, as is the clamp and shim that fixes to the fork leg.
The other appears to look like one I used to have on Judy SL's. They did different clamps and brackets for the different manufacturers of the time. I have a Judy SL one somewhere that will take some extensive digging out to find so that we can compare, but memory tells me I'm right.
Are you wanting to use Pace forks?

Not particularly :LOL:
I picked up a nos C2 No1 caliper on pro lever and ive 2 of the front adaptors, and a pile of axles spacers and hubs so thought id see if i could rebuild the Pace front system. I think with the range of spacers and the difference in the two adaptors i could be able to cover or build onto any fork made :? So the Pace adaptor with a wider spacer on a non Pace fork etc. Or different dropout thicknesses.
Im missing a leg clamp but i think i could make something or cobble something together.

Sometimes i wonder why they dont write down this stuff as Boxxer says. I knew of one adaptor which was for Pace but when i found the other thats when things start getting confusing :roll:

Anyway. Heres a couple of pics with the No2 system 4mm spacer, which looks about right in an answer manitou fs bulge from 97. The 4mm fits but i'd actually have to build up and clamp it all in place properly to know it the spacing is correct. TBH there is tiny amount of movement.

Still no idea about the bloody 2nd hole, which by the way is not fully threaded and the bolt or whatever goes in there isnt meant to protrude on the other side. Both adaptors share this.

Attachments

• Hope Pace front disc adaptor fitting 008 (Custom).JPG
    Hope Pace front disc adaptor fitting 008 (Custom).JPG
    81 KB · Views: 176
  • Hope Pace front disc adaptor fitting 004 (Custom).JPG
    Hope Pace front disc adaptor fitting 004 (Custom).JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 176

Latest posts

Back