Overbury's ? - Frame ID please

jetpacjimmy

Dirt Disciple
I have a penchant for Argos steel and a saved ebay search which gets me into all sorts of trouble! Fortunately this time it was only to the tune of £50, and because it was literally round the corner, I thought it couldn't hurt.

The seller had listed it as a touring bike and suitable for 27"/700 wheels, he said the saddle that the previous ownwer had taken off it had Overbury written on it and that led him to believe it might have been from there. I live spitting distance from the old Overburys shop in St Pauls and that made me even more keen to get it.

Having googled around and about (mostly this site it has to be said!) I think I may have an early Overburys/Andy Powell frame? It looks a lot like the Peak Finder/Crossfell but doesn't have the indentation on the chainstay. There are no serial number/significant marks anywhere on the frame that I can see the BB shell is completely clean, unless it's under that Argos paint?!

Anyway, here goes, what do people think?

The cat seems to approve anyway!

Re:

Thanks MisterBin, it has been renovated at Argos at some point in its life which would lead me to believe it's a half decent frame, I will pop in and have a word when I get a chance, they are a wealth of knowledge! I may even get them to make a replacement fork if I can't find anything suitable. The lack of serial numbers is strange, I don't know a builder that doesn't put some sort of mark on their work, unless it's a prototype or a copy by someone else?

Latest posts

Back