Oury Grip User Question

WD Pro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So I have decided I am going to buy oury grips as I think they will do a good job of protecting the ends of my cf bars but I can't decide on colour :)

I know the coloured ones will get dirty, but that's not a problem to me if they clean up again easily :)

So do they come up like new with a bit of a wipe or do they allways look a bit grubby and should I buy black ?

Cheers,

WD :)

Oury sent me some red ones to try out when they developed them. They weren't so worried about them getting dirty, they were worried about fading.
They didn't fade and didn't get noticeably dirty.

Am I the only one who thinks Oury grips aren't as spongy as they were in the 90's. They were like marshmallows, I miss them.

The red Oury grips I have are really light (from the day I bought them). They almost look closer to pink than red.

Sometimes they come out with special edition colors that are pretty cool, but your best bet is black (it doesn't change color and goes with everything).

quickdraw":2xiiy5pf said:
Am I the only one who thinks Oury grips aren't as spongy as they were in the 90's. They were like marshmallows, I miss them.

Kind of seems that way. Serfas grips seem to be pretty close in durometer (sponginess) to the old Ourys .

sancho":1jqvc34y said:
quickdraw":1jqvc34y said:

Kind of seems that way. Serfas grips seem to be pretty close in durometer (sponginess) to the old Ourys .

Thanks, I'll try the Serfas.

I was a hardcore Oury fan awhile back, that's why they sent me the red ones when they were developing them. They were working on the shade of red that wouldn't lighten in sunlight or fade from use.

Maybe it was in my head, but I always thought the black ones were squishier.

I was always calling for the Oury lock-ons because the regular ones always twisted on me. When the lock-ons were released I ordered a pair. They never even made it on my bike. Too hard.

pin prick the end before fitting with hairspray and tuck fast for me. for cleaning I used sticky stuff remover then rinsed them before putting in the washing machine inside a pillow case a la kicks

Back