Orange R8

if i could i'd buy one tomorrow! make that today! :D not just coz i'm an orange freak but because i like the geometry they use, which is why i have alot of their bikes, i love my 07 clockwork and this would be lighter and i guess a little more comfortable on the bumps, but yes always stretch to the pro model if you can, or atleast if you go for the standard model, get the wheels upgraded for the extra little bit of money, the rest can be upgraded later as you wear it out.

:D

I was really looking forward to it coming but over time I've become sooo attached to my 2008 Prestige that I can't bear to part with it!

Could the R8 be any better then my Prestige..? It probably is, garghh, it doesn't bear thinking about just how good that frame is..! :shock:

Would I have it over a cotic... hmm let me see... ;)

EDIT: Ooooo a 1000 posts... that's been a long time coming Hoorah!

OrangeRetro":1oclpim6 said:
I was really looking forward to it coming but over time I've become sooo attached to my 2008 Prestige that I can't bear to part with it!

Could the R8 be any better then my Prestige..? It probably is, garghh, it doesn't bear thinking about just how good that frame is..! :shock:

Would I have it over a cotic... hmm let me see... ;)

EDIT: Ooooo a 1000 posts... that's been a long time coming Hoorah!

Looking at the geometry, it's different to the P7
P7 69deg 140mm fork
R8 71deg 100mm fork

(ignoring the rest as you can look for yourself ;))

How much do these things weigh (for 18" say) ?

Its a different style bike, so only one thing for it is to go buy one and try it out for us :D

I'm guessing without looking that the R8 geometry is most likely similar to the evo8, i.e a more xc focused geometry whereas the P7 is a more aggressive geometry suited to longer travel forks. I think the P7 has 140mm forks as standard whereas the R8 should be optimised for 100mm forks.

Back