Orange R8

The R8 does look very nice and Reynolds 853 is a very nice material for a strong lightwieght frame. There will be a fair bit of weight shaved off the prestige built P7 frame too.

My mate picked up the new Genesis 30 this weekend and the geometry and design of that frame is pretty similar to the R8, and as such seems at first glance to be a very nice bike. I haven't had a chance to wrestle his shiny new toy away for a test ride yet, but I will this week and report back.

I'd love an R8 to go with my P7 though...

Just for the record.. the Prestige isn't a P7 built from tange prestige tubing, it has the same XC geometry as the R8. Its optimised for 100mm travel and has a max of 130mm. ;)

OrangeRetro":3dfc9017 said:
Just for the record.. the Prestige isn't a P7 built from tange prestige tubing, it has the same XC geometry as the R8. Its optimised for 100mm travel and has a max of 130mm. ;)

Only bike they have in the 2010 range is the P7, didn't realise they made a Prestige in 2008.

I just thought you had a slip of the tongue, like people do, when they talk about P7.

FluffyChicken":1nacm9kh said:
OrangeRetro":1nacm9kh said:

Only bike they have in the 2010 range is the P7, didn't realise they made a Prestige in 2008.

I just thought you had a slip of the tongue, like people do, when they talk about P7.

Sorry chap.. should have quoted the post that I was referring too..

drystonepaul":1nacm9kh said:
There will be a fair bit of weight shaved off the prestige built P7 frame too...

Either way, no harm done.. I quite fancy the new reynolds P7 as well!

OrangeRetro":3aaevkxs said:
FluffyChicken":3aaevkxs said:
OrangeRetro":3aaevkxs said:

drystonepaul":3aaevkxs said:
There will be a fair bit of weight shaved off the prestige built P7 frame too...

Just to clarify/add to the confusion...

What I meant was that the P7 was built from Tange Prestige, but actually it isn't, it's Series 9 Double Butted Cro-Mo.

There was a Prestige built from Tange Prestige in the 2008 range which would appear to have been replaced by the Reynolds 853 built R8 for the 2009 range.

All very nice bikes though.

drystonepaul":8pmumm81 said:
OrangeRetro":8pmumm81 said:
FluffyChicken":8pmumm81 said:
OrangeRetro":8pmumm81 said:

drystonepaul":8pmumm81 said:

Just to clarify/add to the confusion...

What I meant was that the P7 was built from Tange Prestige, but actually it isn't, it's Series 9 Double Butted Cro-Mo.

There was a Prestige built from Tange Prestige in the 2008 range which would appear to have been replaced by the Reynolds 853 built R8 for the 2009 range.

All very nice bikes though.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53760 ;)

Mattythemod":29a33ghl said:
would be curious to see this compared head to head with the new Pace Steel Frame at a similar price point .

Not seen or heard anything about a new PACE steel frame, tell me more!

Trevor.

Just seen the thread on the new PACE. Looks good, so many nice steel frames coming out at the moment.

Actual 2008 Orange Prestige and 2010 Orange R8 Frame Weights

Not to resurrect an old thread, but I happened to find a bike shop that carried a couple of older Orange frames. I had the shop weigh them:
- 2008 Orange Prestige 19" Frame: 4.8 lbs
- 2010 Orange R8 19" Frame (raw): 5.2 lbs (estimate 5.4 lbs painted).

Back