orange P7 year of make from frame number?

orange

I'm glad this thread came up without me having to ask about how to identify my mystery Orange.
My serial number is A4032762, which makes it a March 1994 frame apparently. I've been looking at a lot of mid-nineties Orange's and none of them seem to have a threadless steer tube though, which mine does have. Did Orange do requests for threadless steer tubes in 1994. Just curious really, because my Orange doesn't seem to fit the norm from that time period.

Prestige, not original stickers, not a P7... far to skinny.

P7 went fat steel tubes.

My opinion from the picture anyway.

I don't think they were all that fat to begin with though FC. And why would anybody go to all the trouble of removing the Prestige sticker, and the Tange Prestige Ultimate Superlight sticker in order to put a P7 sticker on?

AFAIAA the Prestige always had the stepped external butting at the top of the seat tube shown in the example above, but it doesn't look as though stannerzz' P7 has that. The images in the '93/94' catalogue aren't all that clear, but the final Prestige and the first P7 are both in that catalogue and I think you can still see the external butting on the Prestige and the plain tube on the P7 there.

It isn't a prestige as it has rack eyelets on the rear dropouts!

It looks like a very early P7.. It hasn't got F7 forks which the 94 P7 did have. This must have been one of the very first P7's.

Nice.. but must agree that the handlebar arrangement is somewhat lacking.. ;)

I bought the bike new from Maclaine Cycles in Perton near Wolverhampton. It was a new line they just had in and I just had to have one. Maclaines later moved to School street in Wolves. Now part of Leisure Lakes dynasty !! Mine was just one of many P7s they sold.

FluffyChicken":16abx9dq said:
Prestige, not original stickers, not a P7... far to skinny.

P7 went fat steel tubes.

My opinion from the picture anyway.

I bought it as a P7 -- I don't think the shop would have had sticker sets made up for all the bikes they had in.

Lovely lovely bike

Im sure thats a P7, and If you bought it as such, who are we to argue...

What size is it?

Back