orange P7 year of make from frame number?

stannerzz

Dirt Disciple
I've seen bits of threads relating to frame numbers and year of frame. Can any one tell me how I can get my frame date from this frame number --- A3096921 :?: thanks

According to Cherrybomb (and I'm sure we can rely on Cherrybomb), that means it was made in 1993, 09th month thereof. Which means it's a 94 model year frame, one of the earliest ones.

We do of course need a photograph in order to properly confirm this important matter. Especially as it's Friday.

Heres the piccy. let me know if you need a different angle ?
where did cherrybomb get the dates from the frame number or is it a retro trade secret ????

Attachments

• orange tint 2.JPG
    orange tint 2.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 4,450
stannerzz":353tgs9v said:
where did cherrybomb get the dates from the frame number or is it a retro trade secret ????
I've never seen a 94 P7 that wasn't polished before, I'd have said it was a 93 Prestige if it didn't have that P7 decal on it. So it remains consistent with it being a very early P7 that still retained the 93 colour scheme. See below a 93 Prestige for comparison (although it has no Prestige decal, the white diamond on the seat tube is a Tange Prestige Ultimate Superlight sticker). Your bike is a bit burlier than that one.

Ah, where cherrybomb learns these things from only cherrybomb knows, but from what he says A3096921 means as follows - A is the factory (don't know which), 3 means built in 93, 09 means the 9th month of 93, 6921 is probably (I'm guessing) a control number for use within the factory so everybody knows what frame it is.

Attachments

• 1993 Prestige size 17 rhs.jpg
    1993 Prestige size 17 rhs.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 4,429
legrandefromage":10uprs8g said:
oh no... bar-ends

risers

and a brace!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh!

yep I know makes it very comfy ride for me though.. They come about after I trashed the original bar set up when the Zoom stem snaped after putting down the front end from a wheelie . I followed the bars ( still holding them) to the floor infront of the bike with me cleated in. Destroyed the joint where the clavicle meets the shoulder. Popped the bike in the back of my van and drove to A&E.

Anthony":32x5smb5 said:
stannerzz":32x5smb5 said:
I've never seen a 94 P7 that wasn't polished before, I'd have said it was a 93 Prestige if it didn't have that P7 decal on it. So it remains consistent with it being a very early P7 that still retained the 93 colour scheme. See below a 93 Prestige for comparison (although it has no Prestige decal, the white diamond on the seat tube is a Tange Prestige Ultimate Superlight sticker). Your bike is a bit burlier than that one.

Ah, where cherrybomb learns these things from only cherrybomb knows, but from what he says A3096921 means as follows - A is the factory (don't know which), 3 means built in 93, 09 means the 9th month of 93, 6921 is probably (I'm guessing) a control number for use within the factory so everybody knows what frame it is.

that would of been my bike before i had it restored

A3 stands for 1993, and the number after it would of been the month eg: number starting with A302, would of been feb '93

hope this helps

Attachments

• Pr '93.jpg
    Pr '93.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 4,380
I'm flattered to be held in such high regard, but don't really deserve to be. I'm nowhere near as much of a expert on Orange as some folks on here.

The frame dating is correct, year first, month second & third. Although on some of the really early frames it's t'other way round.

Where did I learn this information? Buggered if I can remember, it's one of them things you just pick up along the way I guess.

Oh. and. that bar setup is just wrong! :D

cherrybomb":2ylpf8ji said:
Oh. and. that bar setup is just wrong! :D

:oops: me bad its my only bike it suits my height ( too much) and style ( lack of ehh) :LOL: I don't know of any other way of getting the extra height at the front end. I am long term sufferer of back aches n pains ( fell out of conker tree at age 11 15ft or so still holding the branch when I hit the floor) back probs ever since. If any one can suggest a more "retro" look to accomodate the extra comfort I will consider it !! ;)

Latest posts

Back