Orange Elite Limited Edition

The_Kraken

Dirt Disciple
Hello there,

As you all appear to be learned gentlemen, would anyone be able to help me get a production date for this Orange Elite Limited Edition (if it is that and not just some stickers on a different frame)?

The only info I can find is a hazy review from 1999 which claims the bike is from 1993 (can't link to that as it's my first post)

Here's some specs: Orange Elite Limited Edition, Feat.
Drilled Suntour chain set, Pace forks (with KEVLAR!!!) and a mammoth 1" travel, Suntour chain rings, XT rear mech, pink anodised X-Lite bar ends and QR skewers, Hydraulic rim brakes (which don't work very well), Thomson Flite saddle (which is a pretty knackered), THUMB SHIFTERS (which do work), flat bars and a stem which is as long as my arm.
Despite all that it's really, really light (must be less than 25lbs) and rides quite nicely - although you can't stop.
As with any bike this age though, it's not in perfect condition. The rims are pretty chewed up, there's a crack in the Campagnolo rear too. There's also a scratch in the paint on the non-drive side chain stay (pictured). The brakes need replacing with canti-lever brakes (this was built before V brakes) and the chain, cassette and chain rings could do with replacing.
Still...looks good doesn't it?

drystonepaul":1pim7ijf said:
Hello and welcome to retrobike. :)

Nice looking bike you've got there.

Hello also ,and hello to your really nice bike :cool:

I wouldnt say canti's work that well either :LOL: :LOL: [if at all ;) ]
Maybe your maguras just need fettled more

Theres many here that wouldnt use anything other than thumbies,hassle free shifting :cool:

I think you've found a home here :D

Thanks - those catalogues are great!

I think it's got to be 93 / 94 as 95 is when the Elite changes to the E3.

Interestingly, there is a Royce Titanium sticker on the seat tube - but I don't think it's Ti - as the catalogue confirms.

Anyone know if there was a "Limited Edition" produced in Ti?

Welcome fella!

"Orange Elite Limited Edition" - hmmmm, interesting, certainly never heard of that one.

Looking forward to seeing what the Orange boffins have to say about this one.

Cheers, Dave

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

I'm really not sure about getting the brakes working again, the pads are screwed and the whole thing needs a bleed. They also have these plastic levers which are not at all nice.

I'm actually thinking of selling :shock:

The_Kraken":3e7xrtgi said:
I'm actually thinking of selling :shock:

Now ,That would be madness ;)
--
Royce are famous for their bottom brackets,so you might find thats whats in there
If you really want to change the brakes ,stick them on ebay,maguras usually make good money,easily enough to pay for some XTR replacements.
Be honest in your sales pitch but dont put them down,say something like-"could do with new pads and a service"

If you must sell,then you will make more if you split it down,as most prefer to buy bits than complete bikes

Great tip - thanks again.

Oh, and look out for some nice spangly retro gear on eBay (I'll post it up here for first dibs) ;)

I might see a few of you at Big Dog too - as I live in Hove. Not sure I'm racing yet, but if I'm not on holiday a mate's got a team slot open for me.

Back