Orange Dynamo

OrangeChris

Retrobike Rider
Hey guys,
I'm a long time reader, first time poster after coming across RetroBike at Mountain Mayhem a few years ago.

I've been a big fan of Orange bikes since I was a teenager and have been watching the interwebs for a Dynamo after missing the FS of the black and chrome one on here by a few weeks back in January.

This steel Dynamo popped up a few weeks ago, I took a punt and I wondered if anyone knew much about them?

retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158437&highlight=

I'm certain it's a respray job because the colour doesn't match anything from the brochures, and the badge is a modern variety too.

I phoned a chap at Orange who said it was a bit before his time, but had a look at the pictures and said he was reasonably sure it was a Dynamo. He said you could tell by the dropouts, tube angles and the way the tubes taper. I just wanted to double check here before I go into a full retro parts buying frenzy.

Stickers on the seat tube are an Animal Aided Design and a white star OH Halifax. No frame numbers or other markings on the BB, but OBB is stamped on one of the dropouts.

The real strange feature I guess is the internal routed brake outer, which I've not seen on any other photos.

I'd be grateful for any extra information you guys might have.

Cheers!

Attachments

• headtube.JPG
    headtube.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 692
  • dropout.JPG
    dropout.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 693
  • bb.JPG
    bb.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 693
  • toptube.JPG
    toptube.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 693
Now on the road, but not a true retro-bike by any means. I needed to make sure it was the right fit for me being new to road bikes as I am. It felt far less jarring that my aluminium Merida road bike.

Attachments

• orangedynamo.jpg
    orangedynamo.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 575
Back