Orange Clockwork seatpost size

minor_LEGEND

Senior Retro Guru
I'm yet to get my new Clockwork in my posession, can anyone help me with seatpost sizing dia please?

Its a 1993 Tange Infinity tubed model 17" frame.

I'm after a good quality (NOS or mint) post of generous length, with a layback type clamp. (if anyone reading should have anything)

Thanks.

my 93 was 27.2mm and a perfect fit. i always found it odd they had different sizes. i was told it was because they had them done in batches and sometimes changed things on the go.

my '89 is a 26.8 iirc. but i was under the impression it was a 92 / 93 when i bought it so went for that size as it was what was listed.

I have got a surplus black, slightly tatty but perfectly sound post sitting in the spares bin, its only a kalloy or similar iirc but it'll get you going short term while you find something perfect.

Lots of (most?) Oranges from that era were shimmed. Get a USE 25mm post and suitable shim for your frame. My 1995 C16R is 26.8.

It's coming with a USE, but I will need the extra reach from a laidback post, I'm also searching out a longer stem, hazard a guess its Stalk is 110mm.

Latest posts

Back