Orange Clockwork 1989 w. Campagnolo Centaur

Really glad you went with the Campag groupset, it's coming together really well, I'd love a full Campag groupset on my Pace :)

Cheers for sharing

Rich

Re:

:) what a pleasure to see a proper clockwork and a early one as well with campagnolo, what more could you ask...

Any progress?

Re:

Hey all, mini update. Was it really May 2014 when I last updated this thread?
Have collected most of the parts, as well as some I don't need :facepalm: , but when the Campag bug bites..!
So now have NOS headset and bb (though I've got used versions which I might fit instead), seatpost, Centaur hubs (will initially stick with the Euclid-based wheels I've got), and have an optional Euclid brake/shifter set up which is maximum madness from Campagnolo, so might find it's way on!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 774
Re:

So... A choice
The steerer on the original forks is too short for the stack height on a Campagnolo headset. Seems a shame not to use all campy stuff.
I have some 1st Gen RC30s which are in need of a re-spray anyhow, and can fit with the Campagnolo headset.
Should I :
a) stick with the original forks with a Shimano headset;
b) spray the RC30 black (as was the aftermarket colour from Pace);or
c) go with a colour matched flouro yellow on the RC30, which will match the frame, and be similar to the RC100 colour too.
I'm thinking c), but happy to hear your thoughts - thanks...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 773
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 773
Re:

It would be a shame not to use the original forks, perhaps you could use another headset other than Shimano, Tange or Mavic 305. Colour matching the forks, even if an exact match, may by comparison make the frame paint look tired. I would keep the RC30's for another project in which you get them and frame sprayed at the same time (Ala Sinnerman's Prestige) a valid excuse for another project down the line!

Cheers
Matt

You have to keep the forks bro.

Can you bespoke the campag headset to fit, miss out or swap bits with the S one?

The rest will be mint

Re:

Think I'd probably keep the originals. IMO these early Clockworks have such a slack headtube that straight or suss forks look weird.

Re:

That's an ace bike, I assume you put the orginal forks back on? Small world this retro Orange group. Really enjoyed reading through this thread. That bikes definitely a keeper! :D

Back