Orange Aluminium O - what is it?

Red Eye

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys, looking foe some help/info on my bike.

I've got an Orange aluminium O in Purple with X-Lite bolts allover & Purple Sun CR17A rims with TCC coating on them. The problem is that I've scoured the internet & this site trying to find info on what year, model & bike spec, etc it is, to NO avail :cry:

Why is it purple, did orange do this or is it an after market paint job, or even a team special ;) .

Any info on the bike & rims would be great, Thanks for your help

Hi. :D Welcome.

Sinnett177 posted this scan as part of the 'clockwork' build.

It lists anodised purple as a colour option as well as black and orange/white fade.

As for dating your 'O'.... Cherrybomb did a post sometime ago on how to read the early orange frame numbers.

here....

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... c&start=30

My Orange/white fade 'O' is A1086840

So, take the '1' to be 1991 and the '08' to be August, you've got your date.
The Aluminium 'O' was produced for 2 years (1991 - 92)
The Aluminium 'elite' was produced for 2 years ( 1992-93) before being replaced by the E2.

Hope this helps. Here's that scan and a pic of my 'O' s.

Cheers,
boy" :D "boy

Attachments

• aliorama2_802.jpg
    aliorama2_802.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 800
  • orangestif.jpg
    orangestif.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 798
sounds to me like you have this one, before refurb and after :D

Attachments

• aluminium o 001resize.jpg
    aluminium o 001resize.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 768
  • the O build 012resize.jpg
    the O build 012resize.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 768
Spot on mate, thats the fella :D .

Are they worth anything? I've just stripped it down to do a rebuild for the wife's, To small for me !! :( .

It came with Sun CR17A rims with TCC coating on them, are these anygood or worth a bit?

Cheers for the feed back, thanks ;)

well i paid £45 for that frame, the condition as you can see was well used, i really like orange bikes and just decided i would buy that one coz i felt it was a bargain price.

a complete bike, nearly all original was on here a while back, or was it an elite? can't remember, but it didn't sell at about 250 if i remember corresctly. retro is worth what YOU would pay for it.

anyway, get some pics up when you can!

:D

Red Eye":oizjt5zr said:
It came with Sun CR17A rims with TCC coating on them, are these anygood or worth a bit?

Are they purple and in good condition? They'd look nice on one of my builds if they are. Let me know. ;)

Back