Orange Aluminium O - what’s it worth?

AluminiumO

Retro Newbie

Hi,

I have an Orange Aluminium O that has sadly been sat abandoned in the garage for the last 25 years. This was my bike from new back in the early 90’s.

Good points…
No damage. Deore XT components. Orange Aluminium forks and Stalk. USE titanium seat post and bar ends. I’m pretty sure the handlebar is USE too. Mavic rims. Magura hydraulic rear brake. Gripshift.

Bad points…
Needs a lot of work. Paint flaking in multiple areas on the frame. Any steel parts are rusty. Any rubber parts are perished.

Would rather sell as a complete bike rather than sell off components separately.

Can anyone give me an idea how much I should be selling for?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• OAO2.jpeg
    OAO2.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 37
  • OAO1.jpeg
    OAO1.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 35
@markoc probably has it about right.

USE bar-ends do appear to be paired with USE bars as you can see they are attached via the integral fixing hole.
Always worth clarifying where you are based, and whether you'd have any willingness to post the bike.

While the seatpost is in backwards...

Location?
As a whole, it would be hard to get a lot of money.
Someone will buy it to strip it, mainly as the seatpost will fetch a good amount if in ok condition.
The bar/barend combo for that UK build.
And the Flite Ti too.

Groupset a bit if it cleans up nicely.

Hard to see which Shimano hubs they are, assume similar to the rest of the groupset, but M231 wheels will get 60 to 100, I see blue Alu nipples so spokes should be quality.

It's a 1992 model frame from the look of it, and is is a satin silver under the black plastic paint?

First of all are you sure you don't want to restore it yourself?

As said the market isn't great so Markrocs estimate may be true, and if you chanced it even lower it may go even lower! Same as the other advice. It'd be taken on as a project or split for parts.

Well used bikes can be a gamble and take time work and nice parts to get back to catalogue or period spec or to owners spec. It's got some nice parts. if a bike was fully restored and perfect to ride with no cracks in frame and fork etc and nice paint and finish, would be about £400 I reckon and sell quickly to an enthusiast. Great era.
Size wise a bit small for me but should suit many!

Or keep and restore with help from there group, I've also got a Retro Orange FB group.

Back