Options for 26" rigid disc fork w/ 1" steerer? Custom?

Puul

Dirt Disciple
I'm looking for a bit of a unicorn for a '95 Orange C16R build. Frame came without fork, and I'd be really keen on a disc option for a bit of bikepacking utility. If I had a 1-1/8" head tube, it'd be no problem. Do I have any options? Custom? Any "off the peg" options from a framebuilder. Thanks!

There are probably more options (and I never really checked for forks), but been following Stridsland and wondering, if the bikepacking fork he was planning is already out there (probably not yet, but was intended to be out already).
That would be 1" and 1 1/8" and disc/rim brakes, with some bikepacking mounts.

There are probably more options (and I never really checked for forks), but been following Stridsland and wondering, if the bikepacking fork he was planning is already out there (probably not yet, but was intended to be out already).
That would be 1" and 1 1/8" and disc/rim brakes, with some bikepacking mounts.
Ah, that's exactly what I need. Love those segmented forks. Sounds like it'll be a waiting game though.

those carbon cycles forks are that @KermitGKona88 linked to are great - I had some on a M2 stumpjumper a while back.

There are also some ti options on ebay. No idea about the quality though

J&L Titanium Rigid 1"/25.4mm MTB Fork-for 26",700C-Straight-XC&CycloCross

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
those carbon cycles forks are that @KermitGKona88 linked to are great - I had some on a M2 stumpjumper a while back.

There are also some ti options on ebay. No idea about the quality though

J&L Titanium Rigid 1"/25.4mm MTB Fork-for 26",700C-Straight-XC&CycloCross

I almost bought one of these.. but i am terrified by the idea of a lightweight carbon fork on an mtb. I feel much safer on a steel fork. It´s the last place i want to save weight or try exotic materials. BUt that´s me.. i am sure it works fine.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I almost bought one of these.. but i am terrified by the idea of a lightweight carbon fork on an mtb. I feel much safer on a steel fork. It´s the last place i want to save weight or try exotic materials. BUt that´s me.. i am sure it works fine.
Yeah, it's tempting, but I'd also like to find something with a similar a-c length as the original F7 fork (390mm). The Exotics are longer suspension corrected.

A PACE RC 31 with Ti legs is a superb ride and its easy to press in a 1 in steerer if you cant find one fitted as std. ( I regrettably sold mine ) IIRC the A-C is higher than you need so it will slacken the head angle ~ 1 deg ish.

Back